Home

It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

This is a discussion on It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

ESPN's Jon Robinson usually gets the scoop when it comes to Madden ratings, and this year is no different. He spoke with Madden "ratings guru" Donny Moore, and Donny revealed that cornerback Patrick Peterson, the former LSU great and Arizona Cardinals first-round pick, is the top-rated rookie in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
But I'm not the only one high on Peterson, as "Madden NFL 12" ratings guru Donny Moore has informed me that Arizona's electrifying corner will be the highest-rated rookie in the game with an 82 overall, including 97 speed, 96 agility, 93 acceleration, 93 jumping, 77 catching (highest for any rookie CB), and 91 return. In terms of his defensive skill set, Peterson clocks in with 89 man coverage, 82 zone coverage, and 90 press.

Those are some beastly ratings to say the least. Speed has usually been the most important attribute in previous Madden games, so Peterson could end up being a terror in coverage and in the return game.

With the NFL lockout in effect, these ratings hold a little more weight as well. While most of the time, one could say these ratings will change after the first regular season game takes place, ratings may not need to be updated on a week-to-week basis this year if there is no season.

Nevertheless, do you all think the ratings are justified, or should another rookie be number one?

Oh, and by the way, this reveal also ties in nicely with our featured article today talking about some of the most dominant rookies from this generation of Madden games.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Wow, that's some big ratings for a rookie, but if anyone deserved them it's gotta be Peterson.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

I'd prefer to have stretched ratings but, I can not disagree with PP7 being the highest rated rookie

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
i'm biased, being that i'm a LSU alum, but that gentleman is a beast. He deserves the high ratings, without a doubt.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

I would love to see a little more stretch in the ratings as well. I didnt get to watch many LSU games over the years as I live in the north west but sure PP7 should be the best rookie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

I've seen several LSU games, but I am not a fan of the Tigers at all...and I still think Peterson by far deserved to be the highest rated in this class.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

With Peterson at an 82 Overall, it probably means that most 1st rounders will be on the 70's so that looks about right to me
Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5
Until Week 2.... after he faces NFL Speed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »