Home

Questioning The 75 Man Roster In Madden 12

This is a discussion on Questioning The 75 Man Roster In Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Questioning The 75 Man Roster In Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
What I remember reading either from Josh or Phil is that the rosters are already set for the shipping of the game. Can't remember where I saw that post at. I will find it and post for you as soon as possible. But for now I'm pretty sure the roster is set and will not be changed until the first roster update is done after the game has come out. Because of right now it doesn't look the owners and players will get a deal done no time soon on a new CBA. So the odds are very slim that the current rosters on Madden 12 would be updated before the game goes into mass production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
If the rosters are really set already, then there is no way that most of the rookies are going to be in it, unless they are just LE #55 and so on. Thats how they have handled non-union members in the past. Of course I guess its possible they reached "likeness" agreements individually with some of them, not many would say no if they were asked.
The rosters are not done, Donny is still creating rookies.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #10
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

People are boneheads, this has been stated over and over again. The 'desertification' of the NFLPA was just as a negotiation standpoint. It has nothing to do with being in the actual NFLPA. I can, right now, pay a fee and be in the NFLPA.

They have stated this many times over, if will not affect any of the current vets nor will it affect the rookie players. (There was like 2 players from M11 not in the NFLPA when the first rosters released, upon the patch they were added, which means they joined.)

There is no reason to expect the infamous number game instead of names.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

hopefully it will all work out. we cant blame EA because of an NFL lockout. plus, being able to edit all players now, maybe we can change some names of cpu generated guys if we need to. just the ability to have such huge rosters is great.
but like i said i hope it goes well. the foundation has been laid, they will probably hit some bumps but all we can do is go up from here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

So if we were to play an exibition game, are the rosters 75 men?? or just 55?? does generated players only come in when you start a franchise. if thats the case we cant edit them.

Im just interested to know how this will work. when they update rosters they are going to have to have practice squad guys in or something come Sep
Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #13
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

Okay guys, lets think logically. Excluding preseason, every team has 53 Players on gameday. Out of thoses 53, 8 are selected to be 'inactive' for that game.

The 75-Man extended roster is obviously for franchise-only (You always been able to edit people INSIDE Franchise Mode, no reason to think you can't now after they emphasized COMPLETE editablility).

As far as the exhibition games go, you will have the standard 53-Man roster to use. I would be a bonus for us to be able to inactivate 8 players from the 53-Man roster but I find that unlikely for an EXHIBITION game.

There will be no practice squad for Madden 12 as far as I am aware of. Players on the Practice Squad will likely be in the FA Pool.

This below is a re-post of my page one post no one apparently read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
People are boneheads, this has been stated over and over again. The 'desertification' of the NFLPA was just as a negotiation standpoint. It has nothing to do with being in the actual NFLPA. I can, right now, pay a fee and be in the NFLPA.

They have stated this many times over, if will not affect any of the current vets nor will it affect the rookie players. (There was like 2 players from M11 not in the NFLPA when the first rosters released, upon the patch they were added, which means they joined.)

There is no reason to expect the infamous number game or "Middle Linebacker" instead of names.

Last edited by Kahuma; 05-23-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #14
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

No you can never edit players inside franchise only their name and numbers and gear, you could never edit player ratings inside franchise complete? so are you saying we can edit players hair now?

so by 8 inactive I am assuming your telling us that there is a limit of 8 players that can be on IR? then they start to count as a roster spot?

Last edited by Jibbler; 05-23-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #15
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
No you can never edit players inside franchise only their name and numbers and gear, you could never edit player ratings inside franchise complete? so are you saying we can edit players hair now?

My point was you COULD edit them, even though only the unimportant details, after they said you could edit any rookie then you will be able to edit them in-franchise mode. Now I would assume this is only the generated rookies, not the real-life rookies. You can easily edit them outside the franchise mode before you start up. As far as the small details as in hair, I have no idea.

so by 8 inactive I am assuming your telling us that there is a limit of 8 players that can be on IR? then they start to count as a roster spot?

I can tell you don't understand football rostering 100%.

15 minutes before a regulation NFL game, both teams must present an "Inactive" list of 8 players to the officials. That means of a team's 53 man roster, only 45 may participate in the game itself. The lone exception is if the team has a 3rd string quarterback on the inactive list.

It's an attempt by the NFL to create a competitive balance on game day. Due to the brutal nature of the sport, a team can carry players on its 53 man roster that may be too injured to play in that game, but not so injured that they need to be put on Injured Reserve and miss the rest of the season.

There are separate rules for the 3rd string QB and how he may participate in a game which are likely NOT in M12.

Last edited by Kahuma; 05-23-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #16
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Ok gotcha thanks for explaining.

on a seperate note I hope that this year special teams means something, and we dont just see backup vetrans on kick offs and backup QBs being the holders inatead of punters, its good that they are adding in the LS finally I dont have to create 53 LSers this year. hope the other can change too, and will the players that don't make the 53 roster be put into the free agents?? I hope so, because that limit on free agents has always been a big pain in the *** when its to full

Last edited by Jibbler; 05-23-2011 at 02:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »