Home

If Asomugha signs with Jets

This is a discussion on If Asomugha signs with Jets within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If Asomugha signs with Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth1295
i hope this doesnt happen. wouldnt be fair.
no way a Heat fan is talking about fairness in regard to player movement

please tell me you're being sarcastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
no way a Heat fan is talking about fairness in regard to player movement

please tell me you're being sarcastic
LOL... good point. im done here
Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
Pro

jconpoet's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
He will be a Raider and I will have fun with them again . Don't get excited, fans from other teams.
LeBron James has a better chance of remaining with the Cavs... as far as Nnamdi becoming a Jet Tannebaum will do his due diligence to see what deal can be worked out to bring him in pending the rules... the best shot Jets have at signing him is no "Final Four/Final Eight" rule and no cap restrictions in a sense that if he signs with NYJ under the "current" rules is that they would need to lose a free agent in the same "$" neighborhood and from what I've read the closest is Braylon Edwards so Jets would lose not only Cromartie but Edwards as well... Jets would then definitely have to bring back Holmes and Cotchery goes back to the #2 receiver, Keller gets a bigger role in passing game like during Holmes suspension, running game would need to revert back to the 2009 season moreso than the 2010 one and Brad Smith will have to be brought back even with other teams driving up his price

Also to the person bringing up the Colts sitting their players that was the 2009 season, and Jets still needed to defeat the Bengals in Week 17, Bengals again in Wild Card round as well as Chargers in Divisional round to make it to the AFC Championship game... top seeds sit players all the time at the end of the season if they have nothing to play for... no different from baseball, basketball or hockey... why risk Peyton Manning getting hurt and missing playoffs
Old 05-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Are you living 2 years ago when the Jets beat Indy to stay alive? Last year, the Jets made it in fair and square. Indy didn't have to "sit" anyone. New York had a better record than Indy.

Exactly what I was thinking. He was thinking 2 years ago, not last season. Last year the Jets earned it!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
Rookie

WildeCane's Arena

OVR: 5

Personally im not a huge fan of cromartie. He got beat alot and seemingly always got called for holding or pass interference in big spots(esp on 3rd downs). Id rather have aso then braylon and cro. Just sign santonio and hope kerley and scotty mcnight can give you some production along with j-cotch
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I dont understand why people think Aso to the Jets is actually possible. Even with a zero cap last season the jets were petrified at the money revis asked for. Why in the hell would they target Aso? They already have the best corner in the league why do they need the other best corner. The Jets aren't that dumb to put all their chips in a position that doesn't need upgrading for them. They should be investing in actual safeties and getting a receiver on contract.....since you know, they dont have one.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm kinda surprised nobody os mentioning the Packers. Charles Woodson can't last forever and there's not much depth besides Tramon Williams. I don't know how well Aso and Woodson played together before but it would be a nice Trio until Woodson retires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #32
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I'm kinda surprised nobody os mentioning the Packers. Charles Woodson can't last forever and there's not much depth besides Tramon Williams. I don't know how well Aso and Woodson played together before but it would be a nice Trio until Woodson retires.
I was just going to say that! Wood has said publicly that he would glady move to safety in Ted Thompson signs Aso. If he winning is want he wants he should come to Green Bay.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »