Home

Please no more flash over substance!!!

This is a discussion on Please no more flash over substance!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon8 Please no more flash over substance!!!

This is not a EA bash thread but more of questions never answered. Every year we the gamers ask about the the line interaction pass rush ect.. But they stay mute and we have to beg the folks at the community event to get a hint about the gameplay. Franchise was improved so they had a chat with josh. It seems like every year this goes for ncaa football too that they are thrilled to talk about graphics stadiums team entrance ect.. Can we please get a gamplay chat too? Twitter not good enough lol we beg ncaa for cpu scrambling and we beg madden for a good pass rush and the biggest of them all natural ratings regardless of the difficulty you set the level on,so with that being said I'm pondering the thought of getting madden this year I just hope these questions get answered and not a maybe next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Please no more flash over substance!!!

Expect more gameplay reactions from E3. There will be hands on and probably some hand held youtube captures going up.

Two weeks.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also wish we could ever get some REAL, unedited 1player vs cpu gameplay footage, with nothing but gameplay sound, too. Every year it seems all we get is 1 vs 1 gameplay, with people pressing A to skip the cutscenes, etc. If they're truly PROUD of what they've created, THIS is the way to truly show it off....UNEDITED!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by je_2512
I also wish we could ever get some REAL, unedited 1player vs cpu gameplay footage, with nothing but gameplay sound, too. Every year it seems all we get is 1 vs 1 gameplay, with people pressing A to skip the cutscenes, etc. If they're truly PROUD of what they've created, THIS is the way to truly show it off....UNEDITED!
I agree. I would love to see Hum vs CPU instead of Hum vs Hum, especially to judge the CPU AI. I also agree to have it shown uncut (in other words not skipping cut scenes) and full audio...Unfortunately, at E3 I am guessing it is way to hard to do this (Loudness and a ton of people wanting to play)
Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Really? I prefer 1v1 gameplay because it better reflects what actually goes on during a game for most of us.

Case in point... When I was at Community Day in May of '08, the devs watched as most of us buttoned thru the intro and Phil Frazier's reaction... LOL. He seemed genuinely upset that we would ignore something they had spent more than $50K to create. What I learned that day is that many people instinctively skip intros and cut scenes.

As far as footage is concerned, Human vs CPU footage would merely reflect the same habits players have. The human will probably skip the cut scenes. Chances are that since we'd skip when we have control, most of us don't much care to see them in a demo either.

Nowadays, I'm the same as most players. I bang on SQUARE/X to go straight to the play call screen immediately because cut-scenes have no effect on game play...

Dare I say that unless the cut scenes are miraculous, I'm going to button thru them automatically for like the 20th year in a row. Sorry Devs. I'll apologize now for ignoring your hard cut-scene work.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

lol i agree and why does every gameplay video the qb never gets sack? im surprise no one mention the lame duck throws this year
Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Really? I prefer 1v1 gameplay because it better reflects what actually goes on during a game for most of us.

Case in point... When I was at Community Day in May of '08, the devs watched as most of us buttoned thru the intro and Phil Frazier's reaction... LOL. He seemed genuinely upset that we would ignore something they had spent more than $50K to create. What I learned that day is that many people instinctively skip intros and cut scenes.

As far as footage is concerned, Human vs CPU footage would merely reflect the same habits players have. The human will probably skip the cut scenes. Chances are that since we'd skip when we have control, most of us don't much care to see them in a demo either.

Nowadays, I'm the same as most players. I bang on SQUARE/X to go straight to the play call screen immediately because cut-scenes have no effect on game play...

Dare I say that unless the cut scenes are miraculous, I'm going to button thru them automatically for like the 20th year in a row. Sorry Devs. I'll apologize now for ignoring your hard cut-scene work.

Later
But, 1player vs 1 player can hide a MULTITUDE of sins in the AI department. I only play offline franchise, and to me, it'd really be nice to have some idea how the game plays as that.
And I never skip the cutscenes...I'm not one of those that are just in a hurry to finish the game...I like the eye candy (if it's done decently).
Never understood the button mashing we are always shown....maybe ritalin would help some of those types of players...j/k
Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
But, 1player vs 1 player can hide a MULTITUDE of sins in the AI department. I only play offline franchise, and to me, it'd really be nice to have some idea how the game plays as that.
And I never skip the cutscenes...I'm not one of those that are just in a hurry to finish the game...I like the eye candy (if it's done decently).
Never understood the button mashing we are always shown....maybe ritalin would help some of those types of players...j/k

Sorry but seeing the same cut scenes over and over gets old real fast. I may let them go the first or 2nd time but I don't see the "wow factor" in continually watching the dL clapping his hands in the huddle or qB shaking his head or DB throwing his hands in disgust. Its nice but if I wanted that kind of repitition I'd watch I love Lucy on tv all day.

That's why the player/team intros do little for me. It's nice the first few times and I'll watch them. By game 30 in my chise I could careless about the Hawk flying out in Seattle. That's not immersion to me. Get me stories in newspapers, talk shows, player emails, announcers talking about my winning or losing streak or the great year my HB is having...that's immersion.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »