Home

Would you pay for additional Franchise features?

This is a discussion on Would you pay for additional Franchise features? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #57
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Would you pay for additional Franchise features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
Very good piont about a game we want to enjoy. Thats my basic premise for this thread. IF it came down to where we had to pay for extra features to optimize the game as we would like...would we? I would because when it comes down to it i already spent $60 on the game that I really like. Now if you tell me another 6 bucks and it will be EVERYTHING I need to enjoy it to the fullest id be dumb not too. At least there is the option to have the (near) perfect game. Instead of having to wait for another Madden to come out to have these included in , we get them now for a small fee. This years Madden seems to really be back to the basics of Madden. Theres no gimmick type feature (Pro Tak, Fight for the Fumble etc) that ends up being downgraded or scraped all together this yr. I like where this is headed.
I see where you're coming from here, Smoke, but I differ on a philosophical level here. At $60, why isn't the game already packaged with everything possible for maximum enjoyment? The thought that anything would be held back in order to squeeze and extra few dollars out of me is a turnoff. I've seen stuff DLC'd one year, then included in the game the next.

If what they are implementing is raising their operating costs that much then maybe their need to re-think their pricing and this is just me, but if I find an extra $3 in my couch, it's going in the gas tank.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I see where you're coming from here, Smoke, but I differ on a philosophical level here. At $60, why isn't the game already packaged with everything possible for maximum enjoyment? The thought that anything would be held back in order to squeeze and extra few dollars out of me is a turnoff. I've seen stuff DLC'd one year, then included in the game the next.

If what they are implementing is raising their operating costs that much then maybe their need to re-think their pricing and this is just me, but if I find an extra $3 in my couch, it's going in the gas tank.
To me, they give me all that I need for the $60.00 that I paid for the game. All that extra stuff is stuff I won't need and won't pay for. I don't hold any grudges against a company that wants to make extra profits for people that need the extra stuff.

Interesting, there is some outrage for companies charging you here and there, but when a company like McDonalds charges you extra for extra barbecue sauce(has happened to me) there isn't outrage. Again, I didn't pay for the extra, I kept what was applied to the sammy.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #59
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To me, they give me all that I need for the $60.00 that I paid for the game. All that extra stuff is stuff I won't need and won't pay for. I don't hold any grudges against a company that wants to make extra profits for people that need the extra stuff.

Interesting, there is some outrage for companies charging you here and there, but when a company like McDonalds charges you extra for extra barbecue sauce(has happened to me) there isn't outrage. Again, I didn't pay for the extra, I kept what was applied to the sammy.
Yeah, I get you.

My main issue isn't with the extraneous stuff, I don't even have an issue with the NCAA 12 web-based feature that started the thread, it's more with the stuff that used to come included in the game or stuff that they charge you for one year then included the next. The AFL uniforms that they tried to stick everyone with a few seasons ago comes to mind. That year, I remember they were available for free on Reebok.com if you were on PS3, then they just went and included in Madden 10.

I'd hate to get to the point where Madden gets released like a bare bones operating system with nothing but Play Now, and you've got to DLC everything else.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #60
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Amen to the gas tank lol. I understand it being a turnoff for them no including everything they can but at the end of the day it seems to be where the industry is going. I think were lucky that there is a set price of $59.99 fir the standard game. If EA or any company for that matter were "allowed" to charge for say different versions of Madden I think they might. Say a bare bones version for $39.99 and a full fledged version for say $69.99 it would be done. And like the lemmimg that I am and im sure a lot on here are they would pay the full price lol.

All I want is the same features on Online Franchise that is on Offline Franchise. If I really have to pay for that and including access to the website and etc Ill do it. I play the game for about a year anyway might as well. Someone mentioned to look at NBA2K11 as a model, there Online Association is good but could be a lot better similair to Madden ( some will argue Madden isnt good lol but ok you gt my pt)

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yeah, I get you.

I'd hate to get to the point where Madden gets released like a bare bones operating system with nothing but Play Now, and you've got to DLC everything else.
If it was ever at that point, I still have options, but not very good ones. I would give it all up because that isn't what you pay 60 bucks for.

I'm hoping your example above is an extreme and not the norm down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #62
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If it was ever at that point, I still have options, but not very good ones. I would give it all up because that isn't what you pay 60 bucks for.

I'm hoping your example above is an extreme and not the norm down the road.
I'm hoping I'm dead wrong on that one too, but when I hear stuff like Peter Moore trying to move everything away from actual game discs to being completely web-based, downloaded stuff, then the penny pinching that I see going on now seems like a marketing test-run to gage how far and fast they can push the consumer into this new business model.

If it does come to it, I prefer Smoke's idea of $39.99 vs. $69.99 deluxe, everything you could ever want edition, but them lowering even a barebones edition down to $39.99 is probably too much to hope for.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #63
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I'm hoping I'm dead wrong on that one too, but when I hear stuff like Peter Moore trying to move everything away from actual game discs to being completely web-based, downloaded stuff, then the penny pinching that I see going on now seems like a marketing test-run to gage how far and fast they can push the consumer into this new business model.

If it does come to it, I prefer Smoke's idea of $39.99 vs. $69.99 deluxe, everything you could ever want edition, but them lowering even a barebones edition down to $39.99 is probably too much to hope for.
I personally would pay the 70 bucks and call it a day lol. I could see them doing the $40 to curb the used game buyer crowd a bit honestly. Therefore everyone get a lil of what they want you know?

I just read some of the reaction to NCAA paid features from the NCAA forum here on OS. Those guys seem to be ok with it to a point. Ppl get get upset when they release the fact that were going to have to pay for certain things but there isnt a right or wrong way to do it. If they tell us ahead of time it puts a damper on the info if they dont tell us until launch ppl want a mutiny against the company lol you cant win.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

Last edited by Smoke316; 05-26-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #64
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes. I wouldn't expect it to be free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »