Home

How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game.

This is a discussion on How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game.

I was just curious. In an effort to avoid going to "money plays" in my chise I use ask madden on offense and defense (defense is a discussion for another day - I find madden calls bad D's usually). I have the option of the 3 plays and can still audible. By doing this I find I usually use much more of the playbook than I would otherwise.

How many different offensive plays do you think you use in a game.

I'd say mine was in the 20 or so range (ask madden does seem to repeat certain plays for certain teams.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game.

What I did was spend about 2 hours making my play sheat, very simular to actually nfl hc's. But I would say I call about 15-20 different formations per game, and probaly arround 60 plays. I try to switch it up as much as possible, because like you I dont want the money plays.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

I would say I call about 30 or so plays out of 12-15 formations
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I don't use plays that don't work, so take out about 95 of the playaction plays. I like to run, so I use almost every run I can find as long as it isn't a pitch or a draw (pitches can get picked off somehow, and draws can explode in your face)

Passing plays I normally do anything across the middle, unless I have DeSean Jackson alone then I'll put him on a streak. I try to mix up my playbook but when push comes to shove I must use the plays that work for me, at that time I probably use a maximum of 10 plays on offense. (I-Form Twins Dive - Offtackle - play action)(2 Shotgun bunch plays)(Shotgun 2 RB 3 WR) (Trips WR slants) and then a few screens all over the playbook.

On defense my base formation is a 4-3 and I use a cover 3 zone. Usering my strong safety I probably use that play about 85% of the time no matter what the situation, at times I'll bring different zone blitzes but nothing out of that. I never run man because it gets burnt and I never use a 3-4 because my team isn't set up for that.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
I would say I call about 30 or so plays out of 12-15 formations
Samer here. I have to choose different plays. I get bored if I pick the same plays.

The plays I duplicate the most are run plays. Like dives , counters, and off tackle runs, but out of different formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i useally get around 20+ plays and like most try mix them up and not do same play twice.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I don't use plays that don't work, so take out about 95 of the playaction plays.
Do you ever just call them and hot route the PA portion of the play? There are some great PA plays that can be used if you do that.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

If I run 70 plays in a game, I'd say I probably run about 55 different plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »