Home

Plays called & Scheme changes

This is a discussion on Plays called & Scheme changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Plays called & Scheme changes

Ok, last nite I went and made a new franchise and took control of ALL the teams.. Then went in to Dallas and changed the 3-4 to a 4-3 and also moved the slider to run Lots more.. "just to see what happens."
Well it didnt work.. I had saved the franchise. then tried to play an preseason game and the defense was 3-4 and it passed alot...
Now this is for Madden 10 PS3... CPu vs CPu
Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
Ok, last nite I went and made a new franchise and took control of ALL the teams.. Then went in to Dallas and changed the 3-4 to a 4-3 and also moved the slider to run Lots more.. "just to see what happens."
Well it didnt work.. I had saved the franchise. then tried to play an preseason game and the defense was 3-4 and it passed alot...
important note

when you do scheme changes make sure you leave the menu each time. dont change the team within the coaching menu.
for some reason when you do that it doesnt accept the changes.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Banned

Ok!

Thank You!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53

You have to actually change the scheme to 4-3 in the play screen, start the game, then during the game switch the controller back to CPU and restart the game from there.. When you sim games there stats will come up as a 4-3 since you changed it in the coaching scheme screen but thats how you have to do it if you want to see them use 4-3 in during a game.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
important note

when you do scheme changes make sure you leave the menu each time. dont change the team within the coaching menu.
for some reason when you do that it doesnt accept the changes.
Thats just on 11.. On 10 you didn't have to do that. You can change any teams scheme with out having to back out of the menu each time.. I don't know what happen on 11 with that issue..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #22
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
When you're playing games it's all about the playbook you select for the team, it has NOTHING to do with the Coach's scheme screen.

If you set the Cowboys to 4-3, but then use the Cowboys playbook, they will obviously be a 3-4 team in that game because the Cowboys playbook is 3-4.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #23
Banned

[quote You have to actually change the scheme to 4-3 in the play screen, start the game, then during the game switch the controller back to CPU and restart the game from there.. When you sim games there stats will come up as a 4-3 since you changed it in the coaching scheme screen but thats how you have to do it if you want to see them use 4-3 in during a game.
Yep, Thats how I got it to work..

Thanks!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
It has been noted that coaches will have more of an impact this year.
I havent seen anything that says when a team hires a new coach that coach and/or coordinators will change the playbook(s) used during games.
Right now every new coach hired has the same 4-3 scheme with 50/50 for every coaching setting. You have to control every team to make sure the scheme changes properly. I would like to know if this new "coaches matter" feature will be more than just OLB +5 TAK/ QB -5 AWR

the 3 months have passed,
the game is here and has been played for 3 days now.

PLZ,
does anyone know about this in franchise???

does the slogan "coaches matter" really hold truth???

Are teams adjusting schemes according to coaches?

Are plays being called according to coaches and players?

My purchase depends on this. Because if i have to keep making a list of what coach is where and adjusting the franchise as I go,,,,I can jus keep playing Madden 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »