Home

My first post and question

This is a discussion on My first post and question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My first post and question

I have been playing MADDEN since I was young when it debuted on Sega Genesis. I loved this game from day one. There was a period of time when 2K had a better game, but Madden in the last 3 or 4 years has blown the water out of football game history.

I have 2 questions about the game. In Franchise mode you are allowed to change the players position and make him less of a player, a MLB to QB and he drops to 12 overall and traded for a mid to average player. Will this be changed so I won't be tempted to do all the time for my favorite players.

Also you can't trade a K or P. Why is that?

When you do trade a player and he has a high contract why does it make such a big hit on the next year salary cap? I didn't think this happened in real life. I thought the team getting the player ate the amount.

And when you start a franchise, prior to the start of the franchise, you can trade any player you want and they will accept the trade as long as you have the minimum players for that position.

Just wondering if anything like this will stay the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: My first post and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM813
I have 2 questions about the game. In Franchise mode you are allowed to change the players position and make him less of a player, a MLB to QB and he drops to 12 overall and traded for a mid to average player. Will this be changed so I won't be tempted to do all the time for my favorite players.
This could easily be solved by just not doing it. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking on your first post...but seriously?

Quote:
::shrug:: Probably just the roster minimum issue.

Quote:
When you do trade a player and he has a high contract why does it make such a big hit on the next year salary cap? I didn't think this happened in real life. I thought the team getting the player ate the amount.
They'll pay money left on his contract, but any bonuses are tagged to you. If it's before a certain date (which escapes me right now) it's applied to the current year. If it's after that date, applied to next.

Quote:
And when you start a franchise, prior to the start of the franchise, you can trade any player you want and they will accept the trade as long as you have the minimum players for that position.
Not sure I follow...you're just talking about player movement before or after entering a franchise?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

In franchise you can not trade for a K or P even if they have 2. I did my cheat and made a player a K and you still can't trade.

It is hard NOT to adjust and trade, LOL. So many players I like. Maybe with more 1st round picks I can trade now and get some of the players. I do not like drafts in the game because of the fake names.

On the last thing I am talking before you start a new franchise. You can go to rosters and trade anyone to anywhere you want. Like McNabb back to Eagles and Hillis to the Broncos or even Farve to the Packers.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
On the last thing I am talking before you start a new franchise. You can go to rosters and trade anyone to anywhere you want. Like McNabb back to Eagles and Hillis to the Broncos or even Farve to the Packers.
So just the normal roster management? I don't see the issue. There's no AI associated with that, just for the user to make any changes they want.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

They've confirmed that there are even MORE customization options for franchise in m12. You can now edit everything about any player even mid-frachise.

The OP won't like it because they apparently don't have the self control to not stack his team. However, I say any option is a good option.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
In franchise you can not trade for a K or P even if they have 2. I did my cheat and made a player a K and you still can't trade.

It is hard NOT to adjust and trade, LOL. So many players I like. Maybe with more 1st round picks I can trade now and get some of the players. I do not like drafts in the game because of the fake names.

Sorry, hit Thank you by accident. Why would you want to cheat? I mean if you want your favorite guy on your team that's fine, go get him, but if you want to the game to take that away from you than do like a previous responder said: "don't do it". The K or P trade issue is really a non issue for me because for the life of me I can't think of a time a K or P was ever trades. They get dropped and picked up like the regular girls at a bar.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I have been playing MADDEN since I was young when it debuted on Sega Genesis. I loved this game from day one. There was a period of time when 2K had a better game, but Madden in the last 3 or 4 years has blown the water out of football game history.

Just wondering if anything like this will stay the same.
Ummmm....what??? (bolded part).
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

yeah, can someone help me understand the OP's question?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »