Home

Player Roles and Special Teams

This is a discussion on Player Roles and Special Teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Player Roles and Special Teams

I wish ST's had a more prominent role, the Jaguars have one of the top units in the league and it would be nice to see it represented.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
What does practicing with franchise teams have to do with the player role of special teamer and the potential ratings implications that could have?
I apologize OP, didn't mean to become part of the hijacking of your thread. The Player Roles idea is actually a good idea, even with me wanting an option to hide player ratings, this type of Player Role would still be very helpful.

Also, I was originally referring to the posters talking about setting up their Special Teams and placing anybody they want there. Even though the game doesn't have Special Team specific ratings, other than KR/PR, using the Practice Mode, we should be able to customize our personnel, pregame. Like another poster alluded to, we can then just do like the real NFL and select the best Special Team personnel on the criteria we think are most important. For example, I think Special Teams can be game changing so I might carry more FB's and TE's for quality Kickoff Return blocking, while sacrificing some defensive depth.

That's what I meant by Practice Mode will hopefully be a work around for pregame formation subs. Also, with the addition of individual Player Traits/Tendencies there will probably be quite a few that apply, at least indirectly, to a player being an exceptional Special Teamer. Like a "High Motor" or "Good in Traffic" traits/tendencies would be helpful on Special Teams. So even without Special Team Players Roles, these other additions, coupled together with suction being removed, could make Special Teams really matter in Madden 12.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

THL, that is assuming we can practice with special teams. That isn't addressed anywhere from what I have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I would really enjoy being able to fully set who I want on special teams too, it's annoying the way it's done. Having a separate depth chart would be great to have, at least maybe this way we could have punters/other guys holding for field goals instead of backup qb's.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! THIS IS MADDEN 12....20 DAMN YEARS OF MADDEN AND I CANT PUT WHAT EVER PLAYER I WANT WHERE EVER I WANT??? ISNT THIS SUPPOSE TO BE AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE? A COACH CAN PUT WHAT EVER PLAYER HE WANTS NE WHERE HE WANTS. IM SICK OF HAVING MY #2 MLB ON MY KICK COVEREGE WHEN I RUN 3-4 DEFENCES! WHERE HES ALREADY A LIL TIRED ON 1RST DOWN WHEN I CAN HAVE MY BACKUPS OUT THERE. THERE WAS A SUBSTITUTION OPTION UNDER THE DEPTH CHART N MADDEN LIKE 2 YEARS AGO! WHAT HAPPEND??!!??!!??
Old 09-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #13
Rookie

Angry Re: Player Roles and Special Teams

SpTeams Roster OPTIONS(should b able2 have SpTeams personal exactly how i want it

Y CANT I PUT MY PLAYERS WHERE EVER I WANT? I SHOULD B ABLE TO HAVE MY SPECIAL TEAMS PERSONAL EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT. THIS IS MADDEN 12....20 DAMN YEARS OF MADDEN AND I CANT PUT WHAT EVER PLAYER I WANT WHERE EVER I WANT??? ISNT THIS SUPPOSE TO BE AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE? A COACH CAN PUT WHAT EVER PLAYER HE WANTS NE WHERE HE WANTS. IM SICK OF HAVING MY #2 MLB ON MY KICK COVEREGE WHEN I RUN 3-4 DEFENCES! WHERE HES ALREADY A LIL TIRED ON 1RST DOWN WHEN I CAN HAVE MY BACKUPS OUT THERE. THERE WAS A SUBSTITUTION OPTION UNDER THE DEPTH CHART N MADDEN LIKE 2 YEARS AGO! WHAT HAPPEND??!!??!!?? .................................................. ...ne tricks or ways ne body knows to help without switching my 3rd string and second string players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »