Home

Are penalties fixed this year?

This is a discussion on Are penalties fixed this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #33
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are penalties fixed this year?

You know something intersting I thought of, it seemed to me a player on OL with low awarness would give away more false starts then usual. the only time Id get a false start penalty however is if I fake snap. they should bring the crowd into it.

facemask penalties happen to much when the slider is up so does clipping and holding, they need to fix facemask, and even add back in personal foul like they had in the early 90s of madden

As for the pass interference it only happens when you control the user if its a WR or CB and knock the players off. never happens to CPU geting called or ones you dont control at the time
I also never see roughing the passer or kicker called even if its up full blast
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Would be nice to see flags getting tossed onto the field and unnecessary roughness when players are driven out bound and being hung to.
This is in but I don't think CPU-controlled players ever do this. You can test it yourself by next time you have a CB or safety going to tackle a ball-carrier heading out of bounds, lay into him with the hit stick the moment he crosses out of bounds.

I was in an online franchise in an important, close game, with someone when, late in the game and me down but driving, he got too aggressive and that unnecessary roughness penalty was huge for my victory.

It was the first time I saw unnecessary roughness in a next generation Madden game.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #35
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

I honestly think that one of two things have taken place regarding penalties:

1) they broke them. Either by screwing up a line of code somewhere, or messing up animations, etc. Penalties simply do not work like they are intended to; or,

2) They simply turned them off in order to avoid "punishing" the user for things that are beyond their control.

I don't know which is worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »