Home

O-Lineman don't matter in Madden?

This is a discussion on O-Lineman don't matter in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: O-Lineman don't matter in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
To my knowledge, every player regardless of position has blocking ratings. QBs should typically have poor ratings (in categories relating to the oline) and they should perform poorly as a result. If you can put someone on the oline who is poorly rated and not have to deal with significant dropoff that's the problem. Doesn't matter if it's a QB, LB, or just a poorly rated offensive lineman. Using QBs is just an extreme way of pointing out the issue.

You know whats funny is last gen madden didn't have this problem.You stick QB in there he gets trucked.

Line ratings mattered last gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxG-FbPP12s
Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
It's easy to ignore this on the basis that it doesn't make sense to put a QB on the oline anyway. That misses the point though.

To my knowledge, every player regardless of position has blocking ratings. QBs should typically have poor ratings (in categories relating to the oline) and they should perform poorly as a result. If you can put someone on the oline who is poorly rated and not have to deal with significant dropoff that's the problem. Doesn't matter if it's a QB, LB, or just a poorly rated offensive lineman. Using QBs is just an extreme way of pointing out the issue.

Hopefully they fix it going forward.

The thing is why is this just an issue with the O-line? I mean you put a linebacker at WR and he is probably worse than he should be (I mean at least a real life linebacker would be able to catch a ball )...

It's not that the ratings are flawed in general but it is conceivable there is something up with the O-line ratings.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

What the hell do you expect on All Madden? Put it on any other difficulty and those qbs will get demolished. After playing this game for so long I know some ratings dont matter. But when you put the game on the hardest mode, no rating will matter. The CPU will own you're life unless you have figured out how to beat madden. And I mean beat madden, not beat a good offense/defense.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
What the hell do you expect on All Madden? Put it on any other difficulty and those qbs will get demolished. After playing this game for so long I know some ratings dont matter. But when you put the game on the hardest mode, no rating will matter. The CPU will own you're life unless you have figured out how to beat madden. And I mean beat madden, not beat a good offense/defense.

I'll test this later today. See what happens with other difficulties.

I'll probably also have to use real linemen as well just to get a good benchmark for Rookie, etc. since I don't have much experience on those difficulties.

If the QB o-line doesn't perform, the All-Madden was the culprit. If it does perform, well, all that means is the game is broken with respect to a way of playing the game it should never be played (so in other words, who cares?) or the O-line ratings, but not other position ratings, are flawed in some way.

I'll report back with my results later.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You still should be able to adjust it with sliders. The only area that was difficult to adjust was the CPUs pass block and I have it on 0. I had no trouble adjusting every other area and I have all-madden sliders.. I'm all about difficulty and challenge. Everybody knows how I operate my sliders but the CPUs pass block is broken..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I made a post about this. EA needs a gang more rating specific moves good and bad. This would completely eliminate this issues. If your player playing Tackle don't have the proper footwork to even get in place to block problem solved. That and hopefully momentum effects blocking sooner than later.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-31-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
It's not that the ratings are flawed in general but it is conceivable there is something up with the O-line ratings.
Yeah, as Jarodd said, CPU Pass Block on All-Madden is basically broken, there's nothing else to say. I think it's better for the User, I've never tried it but I think if you put those players on your own Oline they'd be significantly worse than regular linemen. But on All-Madden, it's basically impossible to create any kind of pass rush with your Dline against the CPU unless you user one of them, if you do then that player may have a chance of getting past his block (and ratings do seem to matter at least somewhat there), but CPU controlled linemen on your side basically take ages to get past any kind of block, your only hope to create pressure is rushing linebackers who may got around the linemen.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
I'll test this later today. See what happens with other difficulties.

I'll probably also have to use real linemen as well just to get a good benchmark for Rookie, etc. since I don't have much experience on those difficulties.

If the QB o-line doesn't perform, the All-Madden was the culprit. If it does perform, well, all that means is the game is broken with respect to a way of playing the game it should never be played (so in other words, who cares?) or the O-line ratings, but not other position ratings, are flawed in some way.

I'll report back with my results later.
I'm sure on other difficulties like all-pro and pro the Dlineman probably is going to dominate because those levels are terrible.. But on all-madden difficulty the CPUs pass block is hard to adjust. I did alot of testing with the sliders and that area is broken. I still get my sacks but Dlineman get tossed around more then they should..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »