Home

FAVORITE FA SIGNING (non superstar)

This is a discussion on FAVORITE FA SIGNING (non superstar) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Rookie

BengalsFan99's Arena

OVR: 0
FAVORITE FA SIGNING (non superstar)

What is your favorite FA sigining in the offseason that is not a superstar in Franchise mode. My favorite is Dwight Lowery DB from the Jets. This guy ALWAYS makes plays for me on defense...as my second DB or as a nickle DB. He makes tackles in the backfield and makes crucial INT's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: FAVORITE FA SIGNING (non superstar)

I signed TE Jeremy Shockey in my online franchise and he's made some huge catches in crucial situations. Always seems to get open.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Cornelius Ingram TE. Not the best blocking TE, but great receiver and usually a guy I turn to when I'm rebuilding and need some guys with versatility.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

QB Dillon Feldt. When I play as the Raiders I get this guy. He's got a big time arm, and for whatever reason he seems to play way above his ratings for me. I just make sure not to throw anything under around 12 yards.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

Jacob Hester. He usually develops into a pretty good FB, and can be rotated at RB and spell at TE.

The Pats used to always release this 2-3 year MLB that has great coverage skills and like 86 SPD. He was someone I usually signed after the first year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Danny Wuerffel was always my favorite, until he was removed. I took pride in turning him into a pro bowler.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
Rookie

DocOx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The Pats used to always release this 2-3 year MLB that has great coverage skills and like 86 SPD. He was someone I usually signed after the first year.
Gary Guyton? He's made his way into a couple of my franchises. Solid starter.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOx
Gary Guyton? He's made his way into a couple of my franchises. Solid starter.
That or Brandon Spikes, though he's a tad slow so probably Guyton. I noticed he'd always be on the trading block his first year. Kind of funny with NE running the 3-4 and they try to dump him his rookie year and only keep 2 MLB's, though I guess the CPU doesn't need depth anyways. Plus, same goes for their TE's, depending on who didn't have the better year, Hernandez or Grankowski, one of them would be on the block the following season.

Hopefully Madden fixed this were they try to get rid of high rated rookies who aren't as good as their veteran counterparts. Seems odd when the dry to dump these rookies the first year of your franchise or you see 3 year players in free agency because some team has a 12 year vet who is 1 point better OVR. Plus, it feels a bit cheesy picking up young free-agents in Dynasty for super high price tags who never played much in their years to warrant those high contracts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »