Home

Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance????

This is a discussion on Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I wouldn't say worried but I am always concerned when they roll out a new feature like this. It usually takes them a version or two to get them balanced correctly.
That's my position. I'm not worried, but I'm not expecting it to be a fully realized system in M12.

Kind of like Gameplanning. It has potential, but I found I went back to calling plays manually because the play selection was not well enough implemented situationally, especially on defense. So this year they're taking steps to try to address that.

If they're smart they'll put in an option to disable DPP just in case, but I expect I'll want to use it and try it out. Sounds like fun. And, if my whole team goes cold, hey, I'm a Giants fan. I've seen that movie before.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #18
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I play franchise mode exclusively, and I can't agree that the game already does this.

Yes, I do have games when I consistently throw picks. Then I'll string along a few games where I throw no INTs. There's no science to it in my opinion right now -- it's a sports game and I can't expect any player to play the same week in, week out. If they did, we would cry that the game is broken because Peyton Manning never has a bad game.
This. It's already in the game in the sense that players don't play the same game every game...this is self-evident.

However, what isn't in the game, is a noticeable impact to ratings based on consistency, which I think is 100% a good thing to add more variability than is already there.

Also, depending on how large the effect is, it may turn out to be more of a "fluff" feature that doesn't change the franchise experience much.
Boston Celtics
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
My concern is because THE GAME ALREADY DOES THIS.
Dynamic player performance is not in the game already.

Quote:
Anyone could tell you that they go through streaks in franchise mode...thats with no DPP....wouldn't you expect the streaks to be more pronounced if you are essentially penalized for having a bad game?
I play a lot of franchise, and Madden 11 deoes not have players abilities change weekly for me. There are no streaks.

Quote:
I can't explain these guys stats....I play as all teams (visiting one week, home the next) so its not as though it ME having the hot or cold streaks.
I strongly believe it is you.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
What is "E3"?

You serious?!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Dynamic player performance is not in the game already.

I play a lot of franchise, and Madden 11 does not have players abilities change weekly for me. There are no streaks.
Yeah, I play franchise only also, and gameplay is pretty predictable, within a predictable range, once you have your sliders set. I don't see streaks in the game, just natural random variations around a stable set of ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro

I strongly believe it is you.
It can't be because I'm not playing as the same team each week. I've seen mcnabb in my game have a bad season so far...real bad...I've played as him 2x in 5 games. he was just on a cold streak or something...I'm not playing as him every game. Plus I play as other teams and my own games have their own ups and downs. Fitzpatrick has been great for me and the cpu.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

I have to agree with the poster who said this is something that's already in the game. I laughed when I read the dev blog that said he's played every franchise mode ever and players always play the same way. Different elements of dpp have been in franchise modes since I've been playing franchise modes. Even madden. How else can you explain my team having a different overall rating week in and week out in franchise mode, even when I've made no roster moves?

Im not gonna say its gonna fail. Im saying an aspect of it is already there. They may just now be calling it a "feature" or more likely, they are expanding upon it to make it more significant. But it has already been there, and has been a large part of various franchise modes the past few years.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
How else can you explain my team having a different overall rating week in and week out in franchise mode, even when I've made no roster moves?
Weird, I've never seen that. I play franchise exclusively and I'm in year 13 in M11. But I haven't seen team OVR ratings change in franchise without roster moves among the starters.

I'm not doubting you, just asking, has anyone else ever seen this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »