Home

Does controlled awareness mean something??

This is a discussion on Does controlled awareness mean something?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Does controlled awareness mean something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I want to see someone actually test this.
Yeah, me too. But the question is, if it's not related to Awareness, then which rating is responsible for determining the release?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Thanks Chris Collinswoth... I've only heard that 200 times.
Sunday Night Football did a comparison. It was faster than Marino's and Elway's.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Yes and No. Basically, the best way to sum this up is to discuss how AWR effects human controlled players and which ones.

QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run. Having EXTENSIVE experience with Matt Moore (Panthers), I use him as my baseline QB.

I've recently had to play in a league with the Cardinals (yuck). I used John Skelton at QB because of his speed. I'm not sure what his AWR is, but it's very low. While playing, I noticed that he took FOREVER to actually deliver a pass once I pressed the button to throw. I was able to rule out lag as the culprit by feeling the response of other players at other positions over the course of six games... In each game all other skill positions were responsive, just not Skelton's throws.

As far as the other skill positions - that's all USER. I noticed no difference in the way WR, TE, or RB reacted to input. But the QB was definitely SLOW on his delivery.

In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Later

nice thought on the qb...now that you mention it i've always noticed a difference...when they had visioin cone you could see that higher awareness meant a bigger cone and more accuracy. I think it affects accuracy to some degree too.
At RB I noticed that guys with higher awareness get through the hole easier. Low awareness guys are harder to 'steer' . I had a back with 98 speed and 95 trucking but low awareness in my chise. he's a beast but I'll be darned If I can ever get through a hole untouched....he seems to run into guys without me doing it.....could that be it?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm not sure about Awareness, but what definitely affects controlled RBs is Ball Carrier Vision, his teammates will block a lot better for a guy with good Vision (it's very obvious on Kickoff returns, use a high speed guy with low vision and you'll hardly ever get the coverage blocked on the edge)
Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Yeah, me too. But the question is, if it's not related to Awareness, then which rating is responsible for determining the release?
I'd say there is none considering the release animation is supposed to be authentic in speed and look.

― Plato
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #14
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Later
I think it's by design my friend. The QBs started having different release speeds in M10. Is there a release rating? I kinda thought there was. In any event, Romo is going to have a quicker release than most QBs in Madden -- nothing to do with his awareness.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

No there isn't a release rating, it is just different throwing styles that they added in Madden 10, same thing with the different QB stances.

You can create a player and give him Romo's throwing style and he will throw just as fast despite having low awareness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

I am about to vent so feel free to just skip over my post.

The fact that anyone even has to wonder or test ratings in Madden, to figure out how they work, is ridiculous! I do not understand why EA never releases official info on how they work, in the game manual. Also, why so many realistic risk/reward elements of football are so toned down or nonexistent in Madden, their affects are rarely, if ever, noticed. I get so frustrated when I read Madden devs discussing things like ratings, penalties and general gameplay, using too sim is no fun "out the box", as a reason for Madden not playing more realistic on any preset setting "in the box".

I will stop my rant here before I get carried away and just once again make a plea for a preset factory "Simulation" setting in Madden that has ratings, penalties and gameplay tuned "sim to nth degree".
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »