Home

Does controlled awareness mean something??

This is a discussion on Does controlled awareness mean something?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does controlled awareness mean something??

Especially for the QB and RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Does controlled awareness mean something??

It's my understanding that the awareness rating only factors in when that player is being controlled by the cpu.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

what is this deja vu day ?

1st we got a ratings don't matter for linemen thread for the 10th time.....

And now we getting a what does awareness mean thread too for the 25th time too on the same day ??

This must be a sign.

Search button is your friend. People do know they can search questions on these forums right ?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkills5723
Especially for the QB and RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's my understanding that the awareness rating only factors in when that player is being controlled by the cpu.
Yes and No. Basically, the best way to sum this up is to discuss how AWR effects human controlled players and which ones.

QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run. Having EXTENSIVE experience with Matt Moore (Panthers), I use him as my baseline QB.

I've recently had to play in a league with the Cardinals (yuck). I used John Skelton at QB because of his speed. I'm not sure what his AWR is, but it's very low. While playing, I noticed that he took FOREVER to actually deliver a pass once I pressed the button to throw. I was able to rule out lag as the culprit by feeling the response of other players at other positions over the course of six games... In each game all other skill positions were responsive, just not Skelton's throws.

As far as the other skill positions - that's all USER. I noticed no difference in the way WR, TE, or RB reacted to input. But the QB was definitely SLOW on his delivery.

In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Later
Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run.
Wow that's an interesting find, thanks, I gotta have a look at that. I always thought AWR didn't matter at all for user controlled players, but what you're saying makes sense. I've played a Cards franchise too and played the first season with Skelton under center, I just blamed the poor performance to his low Accuracy yes his release really felt a lot slower.

I was just lucky enough to pick up a "white Mike Vick" in my first draft so I never really got to play Skelton more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

Later
Romo has one of the quickest releases in league history.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
Romo has one of the quickest releases in league history.
Thanks Chris Collinswoth... I've only heard that 200 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Yes and No. Basically, the best way to sum this up is to discuss how AWR effects human controlled players and which ones.

QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run. Having EXTENSIVE experience with Matt Moore (Panthers), I use him as my baseline QB.

I've recently had to play in a league with the Cardinals (yuck). I used John Skelton at QB because of his speed. I'm not sure what his AWR is, but it's very low. While playing, I noticed that he took FOREVER to actually deliver a pass once I pressed the button to throw. I was able to rule out lag as the culprit by feeling the response of other players at other positions over the course of six games... In each game all other skill positions were responsive, just not Skelton's throws.

As far as the other skill positions - that's all USER. I noticed no difference in the way WR, TE, or RB reacted to input. But the QB was definitely SLOW on his delivery.

Later
I want to see someone actually test this. The players you mentioned probably just have releases that are slow, except Tony Romo, who we all know has one of the quickest.

Maybe someone needs to bump Romo's awareness up to 99, throw 10-15 passes, watch them and/or record them. Then lower it to 40 and do the same.

My money says there will be no difference, but this would be an interesting find if true.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »