Home

Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - Marshall Faulk

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - Marshall Faulk within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - Marshall Faulk

WOW!!!! This picture is the best looking madden EVER! I am truly excited beyond belief about Madden 12 this year. It looks like they have FINALLY stepped up to the plate and doing a number of big fixes rather than the standard 1 new feature and roster update.

People who know me know I am not a EA football fan, but I will admit Madden is finally looking great this year. I still don't think it will beat 2k in the gameplay fundamental department, but I highly respect they are making legitimate efforts to improve on the gameplay and the game as a whole. This truly can be the year Madden returns as king of the football gridiron!

Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #58
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Is more possible? Maybe. Nevetheless, I have to believe that adding 22 fully animated player models on the sidelines a la APF would be an enormous undertaking that would require compromises in other areas.

Thanks, but no thanks.
They are in the background and ancillary. They need not be comprised of anywhere near as many polygons as the on the field players, but could still look fine with some sleight of hand. It would be akin to how sports games animate and 3D model the first couple rows of fans but leave the rest as cutouts.

I think you are making this out to be much more of a resource hog than it actually is.

We are both just guessing, I just, personally, don't like to pull the "the hardware is limiting them" card too hastily.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #59
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
even if they just put the sideline models in more realistic spots. Instead of having the whole sideline full of the 42 guys not playing all standing in a line have the 11-15 defensive guys sitting on a bench looking at a coach or something while the offense is on the field so only a few guys are actually walking the sidelines. If you look at an NFL sideline it really doesn't look full at all. Whatever side of the ball is not in is usually back near the benches either sitting and going over stuff with coaches or looking at diagrams while the subs are hanging near the field by the coaches waiting to go in.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
They are saying, nice still shot....wonder how the gameplay is?
I am wondering the same thing. Hopefully we see some actual gameplay footage next week at E3.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 16
that looks really good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #62
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
That is the best looking screen shot I've seen so far. Photo-Realistic quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #63
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Ill tell you if the game looks like these screens, and they have the presentation up to par, i will def. be able to overlook a bunch of gameplay bugs/glitches whereas in years past i wouldnt. Gameplay has always been and will forever be a "work in progress" from year to year. Its the details, graphics, presentation,etc that immerses us in the gameplay so the smaller bugs,etc are not so important.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 12

It looks great except for one thing! This one thing just seems to sneak by EA every year. This may not be a big deal to some, but I enjoy seeing accurate equipment in the game. Yet again, there is no mouth piece. You know, the one that covers the whole mouth. Marshall Faulk used to wear one when he played!
marshall faulk.png

Some current players sport this cool accessory today. Guys like Arian Foster of the Texans!
arian foster.png

Madden had them in last gen, but some reason they can't bring them into next gen. Nice sreenshot though. Nice to see the 49ers classic logo is fixed!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »