Home

Will a PC version ever exist?

This is a discussion on Will a PC version ever exist? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Will a PC version ever exist?

I'm so sick of the "Piracy" excuse.

Tell me, if Piracy is the reason why Madden isn't on PC anymore, then why has 2K Sports been releasing MLB2K and NBA2K on PC for the last few years, and at HALF the price of the console version? I can buy MLB2K11 and NBA2K11 on PC for the price of buying one of them on consoles. If piracy was a concern, wouldn't they charge more for the game to maximize sales revenue?

All it takes is one glance at how NBA2K11 looks with a few mods on PC, and you can imagine why people want the EA Sports games back on PC.

I just find it strange that Electronic Arts as a whole seems to be very, very supportive of the PC platform, yet EA Sports is basically non-existent. Which is another reason why I refuse to believe Piracy has ANYTHING to do with it. That's just an uneducated, blind "argument" that has no merit or proof to it whatsoever. FIFA 11 came out on PC, and that seems to be the only EA Sports game that gets a consistent PC release due to its worldwide popularity. But if that's the case, then what about NHL? Or Tiger Woods? Golf and Hockey are also both huge worldwide sports and I would think those 2games would sell pretty well on the PC as well, considering many companies these days say that PC Gaming is becoming huge overseas.

I still maintain that the EA Sports games will come back to PC someday, it's just a matter of when. If Madden and NCAA came out on PC, I would have no reason to keep my PS3. I'd sell it the day those 2 were officially released for PC.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsb84
A lot of the sales issues had to do with EA being stubborn and not porting the next gen version and instead giving PC gamers a subpar game every year.
Except this was during the first couple years of next gen where the PC version was actualy way better and had a franchise mode that was a billion times deeper than the next gen versions. The PC version was anything but subpar. The next gen version was actually the subpar one.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #19
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Piracy had nothing to do with it. That was an extremely lame excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Except this was during the first couple years of next gen where the PC version was actualy way better and had a franchise mode that was a billion times deeper than the next gen versions. The PC version was anything but subpar. The next gen version was actually the subpar one.
I agree.

Who said gameplay on the PC version was more suspect? Madden 2008 had the same type of gameplay as the XBox and PS2 versions, only with better graphics, and the game was constantly up to date and mods made franchise mode much deeper than anything youll find in any other Madden game.

Its simply lack of sales on the PC. Most Madden fans play on consoles. Most PC only guys dont even play Madden. That leads to pretty meh sales figures.

I really want Madden back on PC, but I doubt it ever happens again.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Am I crazy or did I read it was coming out on the PC this year? Or was that NCAA?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #21
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Am I crazy or did I read it was coming out on the PC this year? Or was that NCAA?
I believe somebody put on wiki that NCAA was going to the PC but that was confirmed to be false.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Madden isn't the only football game that vanished from the PC...

Back in 1998, Football Pro 99 was pulled from store shelves a few days into the release. While I can't be totally sure of why, I can only suspect that the most vocal consumers seemed to only post negative reviews and sales had been in steady decline for the previous 2 years.
Later
It was pulled because it wasn't finished. They had a "deadline" and released it. The admitted it a eventually it was a total recall. Some users were able to get it more playable but overall it was a disaster.
I still own it(as well as all the prefious versions)
Before then FBPro was the football game. Many great memories.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
You crazy yo...

For real though, its not happening. Pretty sure it would be common knowledge around here and discussed alot more if it were happening
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
And yet on Madden 08 for PC, there is native xbox 360 controller support.
I had Madden 2001 on PC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »