Home

Interesting video of gang tackling in 08

This is a discussion on Interesting video of gang tackling in 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Interesting video of gang tackling in 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
But there were gang tackles before Pro-tak...
ok for some reason i thought it wasn't there before. I know for me 08 got mad play from me the same for 10 , but 11 I barely play and my timing in that game is awful it looks like I never played madden before.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
There will always be some form of pro tak in the game. They might take the name of it out, but it will still be there. You can't have dynamic tackling, double hit tackles, steerable tackles or break out branch animations without pro tak.
Always thought that pro-tak inhibited "double hit" tackles. It seems like when they implemented pro-tak, the ability to come in and hit a guy while he was already being tackled went away. I feel like pro-tak created more problems than it did to help the game and made it feel less authentic because the tackling (to me) looked horrible.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Pro-tak was ok in Madden 10,but in 11 it was straight garbage.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Goody! another chance to post my 08/11 tackling comparison vid that an EA developer the posts here called terrible

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #21
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

The past is always fun, because hindsight is 20/20. All I can say is, I'm looking forward to days where my defenders don't fall down around the ball carrier like bowling pins, then the ball carrier breaks free of the ONE tackler and take off for the end zone while all 11 of my guys get off the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree with some of what you said. The part I wholeheartedly disagree with is when you say that Locomotion is an easy fix to implement.

Locomotion is probably one of the hardest aspects of a simulation to nail. If it were easy, it wouldn't be as poor as it is in Madden currently.
Okay, Locomotion may be hard to nail, but the point is that they didn't put that much developmental effort into M11. A half-finished locomotion, gameplan/gameflow, and improved run-blocking isn't that much of an effort. I mean Madden 11 was basically Madden 10 with a little better locomotion, better run-blocking, different running animations, and gameflow. For M12 there are so many additions and improvements, to game-play and franchise mode, that it would be a pain in the butt to list them all.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Okay, Locomotion may be hard to nail, but the point is that they didn't put that much developmental effort into M11. A half-finished locomotion, gameplan/gameflow, and improved run-blocking isn't that much of an effort. I mean Madden 11 was basically Madden 10 with a little better locomotion, better run-blocking, different running animations, and gameflow. For M12 there are so many additions and improvements, to game-play and franchise mode, that it would be a pain in the butt to list them all.
I'm not sure that's a fair statement. We have no idea at all what went into getting run blocking functioning properly. Unless we know the man-hours and level of expertise that went into the various aspects of M10 and M11, it's not fair to those who worked on the game to question effort.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
There are no more scrums which was a major component of Pro-tak.
Major component of pro tak was branchable animations. Too many people associate pro tak with gang tackling. Pro tak isn't gang tackling.

Pro tak is the ability for one animation to break off and start a new animation when you want it too. When you playing as a defensive linemen and you go from bull rushing to spinning when you move the right stick, that ability right there is pro tak in action.

Breaking out of a tackle with a stiff arm or spin move is pro tak. When you see the offensive tackles and DE push at other with their hands is pro tak.

Stoping a juke move half way through to do a spin move is pro tak. You can't have any type of physic engine or momentum in a game without pro tak.

Different companies call it different things, but at the end of the day, it is still pro tak. For pro tak is the abiity to break out of animations during mid animation when ever you want to.

You wouldn't be able to do all those fancy dribbling moves when ever you want to in NBA 2K11 without Pro tak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »