Home

Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #25
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 18 new screenshots from IGN (ps3)

Yeah, in the game it looks like Vick is wearing a low cut neck jersey lol, EA needs to show some less skin!

But seriously,on the trait page with Vick.... um... I think I'll pass on receivers that have a positive in the "Drops Open Passes" lol....

Also, what's with the "Utilizes XXX moves"? What's the point of showing ratings for D-line players when they may not even use a rating they are high in? So I could get a 99 FMV and he might only try to Bull Rush with a 10 rating there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3

To me the Eagle's Green is STILL OFF!

I don't know much about graphics and coloring and all of that, but by eye it just looks like the green has too much color in it or they need to make it more gray? Maybe?

There's too much blue in it and the color needs to be taken down a bit.
That's the lighting I'd bet. Can't really capture the right look, same with the Freeman picks. Heck, if you ever seen Freeman play, even for 1 snap, you'd know that player model of him looks nothing like him. Poor Freeman and Roethlisberger, they'll never get their looks down. For one, they need to be wearing a looser jersey lol and also these guys are BIG QB's, the difference between Vick and Freeman should be more then a few virtual inches.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #26
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Also, what's with the "Utilizes XXX moves"? What's the point of showing ratings for D-line players when they may not even use a rating they are high in? So I could get a 99 FMV and he might only try to Bull Rush with a 10 rating there?
This is just a guess, but I'll bet this is how it works:

Player ratings show a player's raw ability to do something, like, for example, a finesse move to get off a block.

But player tendencies affect the likelihood that a particular talent or skill will be used during game situations.

The former is about raw player capacity. The later is about the probability that a skill/behavior/animation will take place.

So, for example, take a fumble prone HB with a relatively low carrier rating. When he's hit, the system might do a check to crunch his carry rating with his fumble prone tendency and spit out a result. For my example player, might be a high fumble rate.

But let's say the player has a good carry rating, but is still fumble prone. The player tendency may only show up more in high pressure situations, at key times in games, or maybe when a whole team is playing on low confidence during a game.

That's all just speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if ratings and tendencies interact this way.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
It could be in but the 3/4 t shirt type sleeve that was in NCAA 11 needs to be in Madden 12. Theres not reason not to have it and its a look most quarterbacks have.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4
I seriously dont know whats with the Deep V necks. or the lack of showing a shirt or pads underneat. PS2 didnt have this problem
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #29
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
I am very excited to hear about the traits! looks good! love customization. just want i have been hoping for for a long time. I hope they execute on this version of madden in stability. If there are bugs they fix them and not have 'features' that don't work. user experience is key. bugs are not. so YAY! so far in what i am seeing EA! Keep it up!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #30
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
This is just a guess, but I'll bet this is how it works:

Player ratings show a player's raw ability to do something, like, for example, a finesse move to get off a block.

But player tendencies affect the likelihood that a particular talent or skill will be used during game situations.

The former is about raw player capacity. The later is about the probability that a skill/behavior/animation will take place.

So, for example, take a fumble prone HB with a relatively low carrier rating. When he's hit, the system might do a check to crunch his carry rating with his fumble prone tendency and spit out a result. For my example player, might be a high fumble rate.

But let's say the player has a good carry rating, but is still fumble prone. The player tendency may only show up more in high pressure situations, at key times in games, or maybe when a whole team is playing on low confidence during a game.

That's all just speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if ratings and tendencies interact this way.
That makes sense, the only thing is I wonder how we get all of this information. From that pick Vick has some traits that he won't use as a QB (fighting for a pass), but how do we actually know this is a trait of theirs? Are we going to be given every single person's traits to go along with their ratings? And also, can we influence these traits, like if a player has great bull rushing can we try to make them bull rush more?

Reason I'm wondering about this is because it seems EA is going in a direction where ratings don't mean everything with players and traits may help make player selection a deeper process. Are all these new traits going to dictate how we evaluate players? Basically being, if I see a DE do I look for pass rush style traits, bull rush/swim/power, or do I look at his ratings and hope he uses them if I'm not told what he prefers? But what if those traits are not visible and I look at a DE who excels in power moves but underneath will never use them and I have no way of knowing?

For me, the best way to receive this information is like what you've said. If I'm looking at a HB, tell me how he carries the ball and if he's prone to fumbling. This is pretty much like a scouting report, which is kind of what that screenshot of Vick looks like it could lead to. I don't think a scouting report would say "throw it away... no... Trigger Happy under pressure," but to me it seems we might get "Under pressure, does not throw away passes but forces the issue." This leads to us scouting the other team prior to a game and knowing that pressuring the QB could be a good thing to do.

I know this is like anything else, more speculation, but it seems with this many "traits" that it might be a step towards what we see in NBA 2k11 and how scouts can summarize players tendencies to help you evaluate them other then just pure ratings, but actually how they'll use these ratings.

Anyone else getting pumped about seeing these screenshots? If it's not for a better looking game, it also for all those traits player can have! It finally seems like each player will be unique (well at least QB/WR wise) and you won't have to deal with the CPU in Franchises 8 years in the future trying to make Tebow the same player as Manning if he is playing for the Colts...lol

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-02-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

I don't care about the fit of the jerseys. I care about my team's jersey color which has been off for IDK how long. They have never had it right, its always closer to the Jags blue! It really needs to have less color, its a midnight green not teal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

Vick's flak jacket makes it look like he has a beer gut...plus he needs low socks and different cleats but these are all things we can change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »