Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Dynamic Player Performance Sizzle Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Dynamic Player Performance Sizzle Trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #57
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Dynamic Player Performance Sizzle Trailer

wow that was awesome....Gus sounded great. IMO i don't blame the writers for the commentary i blame the commentators themselves. In madden 11 Gus and Collinsworth just sounded fake almost as if they tried too hard. Gus sounded natural in this and Im hoping he will be the same in-game.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I honestly couldn't get into what they were showing with dynamic performance because the game looks so ugly in motion. My optimism for Madden 12 actually dropped a bit after this vid.
My sentiments exactly. The ideas behind DPP and some of the other things they're doing are nice but seeing it in motion... just leaves a lot to be desired. The game animates in too blah a fashion, the lineplay still looks like it's all one-on-one interaction. I could probably look past Eli looking disproportionate if the animations weren't so awkward. Just don't get any sense that [the things they're adding that's new] is instilling any sense of player individuality. Still, will like to see how it looks during actual gameplay

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
cant believe it's 2011 and the animations look that bad player model of Eli was awful!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #60
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

I loved the video, but I found it funny that if you watch the game clock in back of the screen on the final drive, it's all over the place. It never even got to 5 seconds hahahah.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Dynamic Player Performance looks good, but the rest of this video looks like Madden 11.5...which was already basically Madden 10.5...so I guess now we're at Madden 10.75, give or take a few decimals.

Player movement still looks terrible. Line play still looks terrible. Same old crappy catch animations we've been seeing forever.

Even though Dynamic Player Performance is a cool feature, it's just hard to get excited when the gameplay looks like the same old stale Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #62
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Cool video. I like the concept. But I see what Ian was talking about why he didn't shrink the ball. You can see space in between the ball and his hand when he throws. It's like he's holding a forcefield around the ball. The funny thing is that with the new catch animations that doesn't appear to be the case. I know it sounds petty, but it really is evident in the replays. Overall, it does appear that Madden has upped it's game again....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #63
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Non-fat Eli:

Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
He threw the TD on my boy Dimtri Patterson...
It was just like that, vs the Giants, in real life at the Meadowlands. Thank goodness for Desean Jackson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »