Home

Okay Madden might be more of the same but it's good if not great

This is a discussion on Okay Madden might be more of the same but it's good if not great within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 09:14 AM   #17
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Okay Madden might be more of the same but it\'s good if not great

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
see I think just the opposite. With friends Madden is the king, but by myself when i want a true football sim I gotta go with 2k series

Madden is a FUN multiplayer game, but it is just that. The NFL2K series (at least NFL2K3) actually makes one think football. IMO, that is the difference.

it may be your opinion but it's wrong.

My opinion stems from my experiences. Your from Philly so I'm sure you read that article in the Daily News last week:
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...al/6620910.htm

The qoute "Football sense in this game will only get you so far. It's a video game - you have to play it like one..."
Like I said, Madden is a FUN multiplayer game, but football sense is not needed to be successful at it.

I used to play Madden 2002 exclusively against various people who would be classified as "casual" football gamers at best. They had much success in Madden. NFL2K3 comes out, they are clueless as to how to play football once they realize Madden's "chuck it long" offense does not work in the Sega series. Hence, my statement.

again...
Old 08-31-2003, 09:26 AM   #18
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
see I think just the opposite. With friends Madden is the king, but by myself when i want a true football sim I gotta go with 2k series

Madden is a FUN multiplayer game, but it is just that. The NFL2K series (at least NFL2K3) actually makes one think football. IMO, that is the difference.

My opinion stems from my experiences. Your from Philly so I'm sure you read that article in the Daily News last week:

The qoute "Football sense in this game will only get you so far. It's a video game - you have to play it like one..."
Like I said, Madden is a FUN multiplayer game, but football sense is not needed to be successful at it.

I used to play Madden 2002 exclusively against various people who would be classified as "casual" football gamers at best. They had much success in Madden. NFL2K3 comes out, they are clueless as to how to play football once they realize Madden's "chuck it long" offense does not work in the Sega series. Hence, my statement.

and that's still your opinion. and that guy that has won all those tournaments has his opinion too. but when you're playing in a tournament, you don't care how you do it, you just want to win and nobody around you is caring how you do it either. but if you're playing with people who actually know football, it's a different story. whenever i played with my friends, they were running the ball, they weren't blitzing every time, they noticed when i shifted and forced them to throw the ball away of if i got a tackle behind LOS, they would say "yo, great adjustment".

when i play i Madden, i play correct. correct means playing like you know a thing or two about football, how you gotta use the run to set up the pass and stuff like that. and i only play people who play like that.

like i said ,it's your opinion but it's wrong...only because it is based on the wrong people.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:28 AM   #19
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

MMan, if you dislike Madden so much, why are you still over here in the Madden forum

never said I "disliked it" did I? It's a good game. See my Vikings Franchise? That was some fun. I think a lot of people LIKE Madden, but I also think a lot people that LIKE Madden are looking forward for Sept 2nd for that other game, I forgot what it's called. Obviously you're not one of them.
Madden is good!

what is it with you and your special power to be extra remedial? from what have i said makes you think i am not looking for to ESPN Football? hmm

maybe I figured you'd post something worth reading in the ESPN Forums, other than being a troll. Cmon stick to the topic now. This game is good and more of the same!

the damn game isn't out yet!!! how can i say anything about it?! geez. and honestly, i'm still stuck on NCAA.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:33 AM   #20
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

and that's still your opinion. and that guy that has won all those tournaments has his opinion too. but when you're playing in a tournament, you don't care how you do it, you just want to win and nobody around you is caring how you do it either. but if you're playing with people who actually know football, it's a different story. whenever i played with my friends, they were running the ball, they weren't blitzing every time, they noticed when i shifted and forced them to throw the ball away of if i got a tackle behind LOS, they would say "yo, great adjustment".

when i play i Madden, i play correct. correct means playing like you know a thing or two about football, how you gotta use the run to set up the pass and stuff like that. and i only play people who play like that.

like i said ,it's your opinion but it's wrong...only because it is based on the wrong people.

ok I'll say the same for you... everything you say is your opinion....and it's wrong!! dude you really have no idea what you're talking about.

To win in Madden, you need to know what plays work against what. If a NFL football pro comes in and plays Madden against some punk 18 year old gamer that has played for 2 months and knows what plays will win him the game. That 18 year old punk has one heck of a chance to woop him. That's his whole point. He is right. I know respected hardcore football gamers that feel the same. So blabber all you want about it.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:38 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

I wouldn't say my opinion is wrong, I would just say we have a different opinion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 09:43 AM   #22
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

ok I'll say the same for you... everything you say is your opinion....and it's wrong!! dude you really have no idea what you're talking about.

To win in Madden, you need to know what plays work against what. If a NFL football pro comes in and plays Madden against some punk 18 year old gamer that has played for 2 months and knows what plays will win him the game. That 18 year old punk has one heck of a chance to woop him. That's his whole point. He is right. I know respected hardcore football gamers that feel the same. So blabber all you want about it.

why are you commenting on stuff that is not even towards you? and why are you such a forum bully? your dad must have beat on your mom or something and made you evil. some real football players from the pros aren't gonna care how they play the game. the wordage is nothing like an actual playbook, just like ESPN. but i bet there are some that play it seriously.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #23
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

why are you commenting on stuff that is not even towards you? and why are you such a forum bully? your dad must have beat on your mom or something and made you evil. some real football players from the pros aren't gonna care how they play the game. the wordage is nothing like an actual playbook, just like ESPN. but i bet there are some that play it seriously.

forum bully? You are the only one on here that I don't like. I talk with Mr. Steve_OS quite often and funny he has never mentioned me being a forum bully.

I don't have a dad so you might wanna step away from that comment ya f***** prick.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:05 AM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:

forum bully? You are the only one on here that I don't like. I talk with Mr. Steve_OS quite often and funny he has never mentioned me being a forum bully.

I don't have a dad so you might wanna step away from that comment ya f***** prick.

i like how i can easily get under people's skin. it's a great power to have

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »