Home

Okay Madden might be more of the same but it's good if not great

This is a discussion on Okay Madden might be more of the same but it's good if not great within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Okay Madden might be more of the same but it\'s good if not great

Let say this before anything, there's a a lot of [censored you naughty boy] on both side of the fence. To those that say ESPN is a better game, it might be but it's not out yet. And even then it the bar is still high enough.

I'm not a Madden fan or a ESPN fan. I liked Fever when it first came out, NFL 2k1 was good but had it's problems.

I just don't understand how Madden is bad. There's a lot of gamers that think becuase Madden isn't ESPN it's bad. Well just like I do all the time, for some strange reason I try to rip a game apart. Don't ask me why, just sadistic I guess.

Anyway I've been playing game after game of Madden in week one of the season, in an effort to see what different teams do. Last yeat it was more of the same, GB and Den played the same. But this year, after a few games and getting completely discourage, I hit gold with the right sliders. The have seemed to put an end to crazy passing woes by the AI.

You know a lot of bad stuff has been said about Madden. A lot of people question it's sim capabilities. Ya it might more of the same but that doesn't make it bad. Madden is a very very solid game. Great, well we need one more game to see if ESPN can get it right this year or if ESPN will be close but still not polished enough. As for Madden, it's Madden and that's not all bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

CoupleOfFew1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Okay Madden might be more of the same but it\'s good if not great

Old 08-30-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 14

Old 08-30-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

so lets hear your golden sliders!
Old 08-31-2003, 12:20 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I couldn't agree more JRod. I initially ripped this game a new one. But I finally quit posting about the problems and started playing a lot trying to get adjusted and pick the game apart and see if it was good enough to keep. I can say that the overall package this year is so much better than 2003 it doesn't compare.

I am really enjoying Madden 2004. I feel like it is going to be getting some time even after ESPN comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 01:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

The one concession I had to make was turning down the INT sliders, but since then I'm (mostly) loving this game. It just takes a while to learn this year's version, but it's worth the effort.

Also, I didn't realize just how much I like the Playmaker feature (which I initially thought was a gimmick) and the "quick" play-calling menu until I went back to play a few games of NCAA.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:23 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Madden is probably King of Single Player Mode , but as a multiplayer game, it can't compete.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

see I think just the opposite. With friends Madden is the king, but by myself when i want a true football sim I gotta go with 2k series

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »