Home

One thing that really irks me about M11

This is a discussion on One thing that really irks me about M11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: One thing that really irks me about M11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
so, you are saying all backups stink? they cant have one good if not great game? come on, bro. You're talking about a 1 time occurance and suddenly its a problem. explain further please.

P.S. who would have thought Adrian Foster would be our leadeing rusher, wowzers!

No..I hear you...but a 69 ovr? If the backup was in the high 70's or so okay...but 69? And it wasn't a one time occurence...played 3x and although he wasn't hall of fame quality the next 2 games he played the way you'd expect a 85-93 ovr QB to play (and those are the numbers that those types of QB's usually put up on me). Good point on Foster...it's just that IRL he didn't start with a 71 ovr.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
honestly when im not online I play alot of offline play now games and Qbs play accurately imo with the every once in a while a QB in the zone game. But i dnt use sliders and i play on all pro. I think that your sliders give you exactly what you are asking for. A more challenging game.
You cant have the best of both world. You cant set sliders for a more challenging game and still have backups play like "back ups"...Yet you cant run a normal game where the backups play like back ups and its a challenging game.

Im sure there is a slider set that can try to give u the best of both worlds but it still will waver in either direction

Ok...good point....and again as I've stated I LIKE when the cpu beats me. I have a D that's 82 ovr.....he should move the ball on me...i just expect that Jackson would run all over me to lead them to victory. I also expect to see differences in performances between a 69 and an 89 ovr QB.
Now I'll say this...I've got a 32 team chise going also and i need to check the stats because I had similar games with backup qB's beating me...but I think their numbers leveled out over the season...like they started hot and then tailed off...I> should go check.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Well, if you play with slider adjustments, then it is possible to make the computer difficult to defeat, but not because they play football well... only because they win a lot of match ups.

i'll give your sliders a shot. Maybe I will even enjoy them.

yeah btw....let me know how you do with my sliders...just give it 3 games before judging as strange things can happen sometime.....I'm reallyl curious to see how others do with mine.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
oh, im sorry. just accept getting honey roasted because you raised the sliders right?

So your ok with the idea that I pick Peyton 3x and hold him under 60% (and I play well against him and Brady generally) and then a 69 ovr qB plays like a hall of famer?????

As I keep saying, I'm good with losing to the cpu...that's what my sliders are supposed to do....but at least play up to your ratings.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #37
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I think it is the something in the game that decides that the CPU is going to play really well no matter who is on the other side of the field. For example back in Super Tecmo Bowl there was always a week or two where the CPU was unstoppable and would pick every play off yours and you would fumble like 3x and you had to play excelptionally to win....I think the same thing happens in Madden sometimes. Last night I was playing a game and I was sacked three times and the CPU returned all three sacks/fumbles for TDs to lead 21-0 in the first. (Patriots - me/ Dolphins/CPU) and then in the fourth quarter after I took the lead Welker gets the cases of the drops while Devon Bess is making all sorts of catches.

I used a slighlty modifed version of Jerrod's sliders so I am happy losing to the CPU, but sometimes the CPU does cheat a little to make the game harder....But I agree with you that I wuld rather get beat by a star than a back-up
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I think it is the something in the game that decides that the CPU is going to play really well no matter who is on the other side of the field. For example back in Super Tecmo Bowl there was always a week or two where the CPU was unstoppable and would pick every play off yours and you would fumble like 3x and you had to play excelptionally to win....I think the same thing happens in Madden sometimes. Last night I was playing a game and I was sacked three times and the CPU returned all three sacks/fumbles for TDs to lead 21-0 in the first. (Patriots - me/ Dolphins/CPU) and then in the fourth quarter after I took the lead Welker gets the cases of the drops while Devon Bess is making all sorts of catches.

I used a slighlty modifed version of Jerrod's sliders so I am happy losing to the CPU, but sometimes the CPU does cheat a little to make the game harder....But I agree with you that I wuld rather get beat by a star than a back-up
Yeah, I'd say so as well....again I appreciate that the cpu can beat me...not an issue there.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

What are Stephen McGee's SAC, MAC, and DAC ratings? I think he has a relatively high SAC rating like 85 or something.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #40
Banned

ok, i see your point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »