Home

Madden 2012 Questions (E3 Related)

This is a discussion on Madden 2012 Questions (E3 Related) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2012 Questions (E3 Related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Will DPP cause the CPU to adjust if a player on your team is on a down game?

IE If I'm the Eagles and Michael Vick is cold with the passing stats, will the CPU play more contain D knowing I basically have to rely on the run? ..Conversely, if my star CB is cold, will the CPU QB target his side more?
Great question about adaptive AI.

I think that if this was in the game, the marketers would have been sure to mention it in the blog/video.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #34
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Chase-

Locomotion was such a big deal for the M11 marketing team.....what improvements were made to locomotion for M12?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #35
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

75 man roster! Why are we cutting three players before the first Pre-Season game? There should be Two cut down days, first one is after the 3rd pre-season game, the last cut down day is after the last (4th) pre-season game.
We have to play these players to see what they can do. Then give us 3 games with 75 guys on the roster. Curious, I know H.C. had us cut players before the first Pre-Season Game. Since they tore 'Chise mode down and rebuilt it. I wonder why they didn't go with the two cut days. Since rosters are 75 man, then cut to 65 after the 3rd pre-season game. Then cut down to 53 after the 4th pre-season game.
--
Franchise Mode based on a Yearly Calendar?
----

The Injury System! Is it the "wear and tear" system that is found in H.C.09?
--
Do Injuries carry over into the following season? Example: Player tears a knee up at the end of the 2011 season. Is he still recovering during the offseason and into the 2012 Training Camp/Pre-Season?
--
I would assume that Injuries play a big role in Dynamic Performance of every player. Will injuries linger throught the season limiting the players ability to play up to his capabilities? Example: High Ankle sprains! Depending on the severity of the sprain. This is an injury that can hinder a player throught the season. Thus lowering the players effectivness.
----

Has the overall Commentary been reworked? Are we going to be getting specific commentary for the Pre-Season, Reg. Season, Playoffs & Super Bowl? Trades, Signings, Re-signings, Injuries, Cuts/Released. Season to Season. Month to Month. Week to Week. Looking forward, but also looking back at what players have done so far into a season.

Dynamic Commentary as some on the forums call it. Think MLB The Show!!
----

After placing a player on I.R. When signing a stret free agent. Will that player come in with a lower AWR based pn not knowing the teams playbook? His AWR increases every week he is on the roster and learns the playbook!
-----

Are they looking to add 45 man Gameday roster, Practice Squads and Undrafted Rookie Signing Period (After the Draft) for Madden 13?

Last edited by Step2001; 06-07-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 11

hey can you ask about ingame save

thx
Old 06-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I will be playing the game later this afternoon. Get the questions in as soon as possible before we hit the floor.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 16

Gameplay Wise questions....

1.)Is the zone coverage over the middle effective. So many times playing onlne other users would have there RB from the backfield run a streak and hit him in route right after he crosses the line of scrimmage and get a for sure 4 or 5 yards.

2.) Is special teams exciting and im talking from the stand point of trying to block a field goal or for once put pressure on a punt. I don;t know why they put punt block in the game because even if a user doesnt out max blocking and you are doing a all out punt block you dont even come close to blocking a punt. If the other user isn;t trying to protect and you do a all out punt block you should just be able to tear it up or at least out pressure

3.) How does the 3-4 defense play this year. The scheme is different from a 4-3 defense and we should be able to tell the difference.

4.)Does playaction work this year or do you still get sacked 95% of the time.

5.) Does the CPU just automatically know what you are picking this year on offense? sometime on the goal line especially there i a play I run which is fake fb , HB toss out of i-form big with 1 WR and if I pick this play the CPU will never line up in a goal line defense. If I run any otherrunning play out of that formation they will go to a goal line defense.

6.) How will the user tackling be thos year against CPU. Cpu breaks to many tackles and takes it 60 or 80 yards to the house.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #39
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

***If you switch to the "old" controls.......can you audible DL/LBS/DBs around with the Left Analog stick????.....

What I mean is the commands after hitting "Y".....the slide left/Right/Middle for OL...

Press/Back Off stuff for the DBs

Last year these commands were still tied to the freaking D-Pad even with the so called "Old Controls".....and it made it still way less efficient then having those commands flicking off easily with the Left Stick

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #40
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Chase,

I'm not sure EA will answer you on this but could you possibly ask them why they shun the PC still in their sports games. Games like BF3 look so impressive on current PC hardware and were even demo'd in the press conferences on a PC, but yet sports games get no PC love.

With the 360 coming out in 2005 and PS3 in 2006 most PC users have even low end PC's that have better hardware than these consoles. With 360 controller for Windows and a lot of look alike PS3 controllers out there for Windows why can't they make a PC version of Madden that would put to shame the consoles?

I shiver at how Madden 2012, NCAA 2012, FIFA 2012 or NHL 2012 would run on my PC with i7 processor 64 bit OS and 6+GB ram with dual DX11 graphics cards will a full 100% physics engine. The old "no controllers" excuse can't be used either.

I just really think that sports devs are too stuck on consoles to make the leap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »