Home

Disappointing Superstar News (Automatic Starter)

This is a discussion on Disappointing Superstar News (Automatic Starter) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Disappointing Superstar News (Automatic Starter)

LAME!!!

10 Char.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Ugh. This pretty much almost completely kills the mode for me.

― Plato
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Ugh. This pretty much almost completely kills the mode for me.
Sort of Agree
I like the changes to SS, but this is the biggest reason I havent played it since 09.
This kind of want makes me want to skip on this mode, especially since it doesnt look deep and has depth like in RTG. But I still might give it a try. I plan on doing over 6 RTG players. I might only doing 1 SS.
For me to get interested in SS without fighting for job will take a lot of little stuff. I would like to see them take a page from the other BAP modes

The thing that confuses me is that in the SS it states " From here you can navigate to the depth chart and monitor your progress toward the starting job".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is so irritating. This, along with the witness protection photos for your created superstar are complete buzzkills. EA's logic sucks. They feel that, since a lot of people don't play the mode anyway, they don't have to focus on little things like this. But, did it ever occur to them that, if they did focus on the little things for this mode, a lot more people would play the mode? Its ashame really.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 06-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
This is so irritating. This, along with the witness protection photos for your created superstar are complete buzzkills. EA's logic sucks. They feel that, since a lot of people don't play the mode anyway, they don't have to focus on little things like this. But, did it ever occur to them that, if they did focus on the little things for this mode, a lot more people would play the mode? Its ashame really.
I wouldn't consider this a little thing. It's a huge part of the mode that adds depth. Has anyone from EA said why exactly they have it the way it is? If it's not out of the box, maybe a patch could fix this up? I really hope they're able to address this issue before launch.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

This is where EA needs to learn from itself and give the option. This sounds more like the team had two dilemmas:

1) A backup in the NFL can sit the bench for very long stretches of time. If you were the third string RB on the team, you may never see action for an entire season outside of special teams. Bottom line: boring to a lot of gamers.

2) The AI may not be present to take into account position battles and performance improvement that warrants a promotion (ie NHL 2011).

Chances are, #1 was a major factor, which made #2 a waste of resources given the people who would want to ride the pine all year.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #15
Banned

Madden needed to get an undrafted free agent into their studios to tell them how the mode is supposed to work. Kinda like NCAA did with the walk-on guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 14

So if I'm a QB and drafted by the Pats then I'm starting? Interesting, bye bye Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »