Home

What Would Be The Best Camera View For Gameplay Videos?

This is a discussion on What Would Be The Best Camera View For Gameplay Videos? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
What Would Be The Best Camera View For Gameplay Videos?

I have been watching the early Madden 12 gameplay videos being shown from E3 and found them rather boring. So I went on Youtube and looked at gameplay videos of past next-gen Maddens, NFL 2k5, APF 2k8 and Back Breaker, trying to see if there was any difference, The only gameplay video out of all of them that I found remotely exciting to watch was Back Breaker, which led me to post this thread.

I am in NO WAY advocating for Madden to add a default BB style camera view or attempting to start a heated "discussion" comparing football games, in this thread. What I want is to hear what people think would be an ideal camera view when showing Madden gameplay videos.

After watching the various gameplay videos, I realized that the camera view most football games, aside from BB, set for default User gameplay, is only exciting for me to look at, if and when I am actually playing the game. LOL

I think that a broadcast camera view would be the best looking view for displaying gameplay for people to watch but would be difficult for the User that's actually playing the game. So the best view for gameplay videos with all things considered would be a custom camera view similar to BB but zoomed out more and leveled in a way, to see further down field.

I think this would add more excitement and immersion to the Madden 12 gameplay videos that are being shown. This also might reduce the amount of "it looks exactly like last year" comments because the nuances would be easier to see. I can't imagine trying to watch a real life NFL game from the camera view gameplay videos are traditionally shown.

I understand that some people want to see the game in videos the same way they will when they play it but doing so without the added benefit of actually playing, negates the purpose of that view. That view has always been intended, in various football games, to give User(s) an optimal view while PLAYING the game, not for just watching the game.

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: What Would Be The Best Camera View For Gameplay Videos?

Hands down... Broadcast Cam

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »