Home

what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far?

This is a discussion on what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I like. I think if you liked M11, you'll really enjoy M12 with the new collision system, presentation, and other bells & whistles.

If you despise the very foundation that the game is built on including some of the negative things that have defined this generation, I don't know that it'll look all that different.
Bingo. Moreover, if you've hated Madden M11, it's time to just stop following the series and wait until the next console generation.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Bingo. Moreover, if you've hated Madden M11, it's time to just stop following the series and wait until the next console generation.

Agreed. The problem with waiting for the next gen. is this current gen. console has been continuing to add features the old gen. had that they took away. Will they do the same thing with the PS4 or the XBox 720?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Agreed. The problem with waiting for the next gen. is this current gen. console has been continuing to add features the old gen. had that they took away. Will they do the same thing with the PS4 or the XBox 720?
Good point Shnu, look we bang this debate out every year with the same old. I don't like the way Madden models look and the way they transition, but I stop in every year hoping this is the year. There is lots to like this year, presentation and franchise being on top of my list but once all of that is played out your left with what is on the field - gameplay, which is the subject of this thread. From what I see I do not see any changes that make it evident there has been significant movement on this issue. If I am wrong tell me, I'd gladly eat crow to play football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Good point Shnu, look we bang this debate out every year with the same old. I don't like the way Madden models look and the way they transition, but I stop in every year hoping this is the year. There is lots to like this year, presentation and franchise being on top of my list but once all of that is played out your left with what is on the field - gameplay, which is the subject of this thread. From what I see I do not see any changes that make it evident there has been significant movement on this issue. If I am wrong tell me, I'd gladly eat crow to play football.
This is why I asked if you were following the changes. That wasn't a sleight, it was an honest inquiry. With the changes to tackling and reductions to suctions, along with Dynamic Player Performance, traits, and roles, on-field game play should feel more varied and true. (I didn't want to use the word "dynamic.") In addition, franchise mode is receiving some major upgrades (finally).
Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I need to wait for more game play videos at the end of the week before saying thumbs up or down on game play.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This is why I asked if you were following the changes. That wasn't a sleight, it was an honest inquiry. With the changes to tackling and reductions to suctions, along with Dynamic Player Performance, traits, and roles, on-field game play should feel more varied and true. (I didn't want to use the word "dynamic.") In addition, franchise mode is receiving some major upgrades (finally).
No problem Bronco understood, I have been following what has been the stated changes. But looking at the recent gameplay closely (and to be fair can't give an honest opinion until I can play it myself) I still see suction, sliding and tackling issues, although they did say reduction to suctions (from a factor of what we don't know).
Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 18

Too early to tell. I need better quality vids to make an accurate conclusion. I would also like to see a sim baller play on allpro or allmadden mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

Does anyone know when Madden is going to be on the floor ? Because when that happens you'll get game-play videos galore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »