Home

Player Traits

This is a discussion on Player Traits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #17
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Player Traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
So for Newton sense pressure and force passes are MUCH higher than they where for him in real life in college. I understand that running attribute, but did they really have to destroy him so bad on the others?
I think that is due to being a rookie. This can all be changed with his gameplay with weekly updates.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I think that is due to being a rookie. This can all be changed with his gameplay with weekly updates.
Yes, but if there is no season are we stuck with him being garbage all season long? I mean honestly, they didn't even give the guy a little benefit of the doubt. In fact, they went the complete opposite direction, they slammed him harder than he deserved. I mean, I already feel like my Panthers have gotten 0 love so far from EA based on the media shown of them, and then I turn around and see this.

Did the Panthers fan who was a developer and years past leave the team? It certainly feels like it at the moment. Our team already gets trashed enough by ESPN and their 1 minute of the year drive by coverage of them. It feels so far like the Madden team is taking the same approach. "Well, no one outside of Carolina likes the Panthers, so lets spend about 5 minutes of the development cycle on them and just throw them on the disc."

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I ONLY buy Madden to play as the Panthers. I don't give two craps about playing with the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, or Patriots. So how my team is treated really matters in regards to me wanting to buy the game or not.

As it stands right now my confidence has gone from pretty high, to very low. I honestly would be far less surprised right now if all the Panthers players took severe ratings hits to reflect how the team finished last year. I have no confidence in the fact that we'll have a 3-4 package, even though we will run a 4-3 base defense, or that our new offense will be similar to what the Browns ran with Anderson under center when our new OC was there, or even similar to what the Chargers ran. I mean, how many NFL fans honestly know that the Panthers were bad last year MAINLY due to the fact that John Fox quit as a coach before the 2010 draft. He wasn't even in charge of our picks, and the guy knew he was gone at the end of the year. Jimmy may have been bad, but there wasn't an ounce of effort put into winning last year by our coaching staff. Hell, NFL Network spent an entire section of their show making fun of how completely unimaginative our offense was in 2010. How in the 5 passing plays they drew up, which occurred in a row, that not ONE of them had a check down receiver.

I'm not asking for miracles, I don't want the Panthers to come in rated higher than the Bucs, or anything. All I'm saying is I want someone to do a little bit of research on what happened last year, on how our players perform when the coaching staff actually gives a crap, and at least give us the benefit of the doubt a little. Dislike Cam Newton or not, he was the #1 draft pick in the NFL, so if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt on things it is him, especially when it reflects what he did in college. They sure as heck gave Jamarcus Russel a LONG leash.

Last edited by Madwolf; 06-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
They sure as heck gave Jamarcus Russel a LONG leash.
I don't see how that helps your case.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yes, but if there is no season are we stuck with him being garbage all season long? I mean honestly, they didn't even give the guy a little benefit of the doubt. In fact, they went the complete opposite direction, they slammed him harder than he deserved. I mean, I already feel like my Panthers have gotten 0 love so far from EA based on the media shown of them, and then I turn around and see this.

Did the Panthers fan who was a developer and years past leave the team? It certainly feels like it at the moment. Our team already gets trashed enough by ESPN and their 1 minute of the year drive by coverage of them. It feels so far like the Madden team is taking the same approach. "Well, no one outside of Carolina likes the Panthers, so lets spend about 5 minutes of the development cycle on them and just throw them on the disc."

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I ONLY buy Madden to play as the Panthers. I don't give two craps about playing with the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, or Patriots. So how my team is treated really matters in regards to me wanting to buy the game or not.

As it stands right now my confidence has gone from pretty high, to very low. I honestly would be far less surprised right now if all the Panthers players took severe ratings hits to reflect how the team finished last year. I have no confidence in the fact that we'll have a 3-4 package, even though we will run a 4-3 base defense, or that our new offense will be similar to what the Browns ran with Anderson under center when our new OC was there, or even similar to what the Chargers ran. I mean, how many NFL fans honestly know that the Panthers were bad last year MAINLY due to the fact that John Fox quit as a coach before the 2010 draft. He wasn't even in charge of our picks, and the guy knew he was gone at the end of the year. Jimmy may have been bad, but there wasn't an ounce of effort put into winning last year by our coaching staff. Hell, NFL Network spent an entire section of their show making fun of how completely unimaginative our offense was in 2010. How in the 5 passing plays they drew up, which occurred in a row, that not ONE of them had a check down receiver.

I'm not asking for miracles, I don't want the Panthers to come in rated higher than the Bucs, or anything. All I'm saying is I want someone to do a little bit of research on what happened last year, on how our players perform when the coaching staff actually gives a crap, and at least give us the benefit of the doubt a little. Dislike Cam Newton or not, he was the #1 draft pick in the NFL, so if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt on things it is him, especially when it reflects what he did in college. They sure as heck gave Jamarcus Russel a LONG leash.
If there's no season, he's going to play however you play in franchise mode, if you do good his ratings will go up a little, but honestly it's not very likely that he is going to have a huge jump in ratings by the end of the year if there is a season this year. Bradford was the exception, not the rule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #22
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Will these change during franchise as years go by.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I could be wrong but i swear they said during your franchise the player traits change as players gain experiance and get older.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Will these change during franchise as years go by.
They should IIRC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »