Home

E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

This is a discussion on E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #73
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

I knew madden would sound so much better with light sabers. EA sports and Lucas arts ftw.

Seriously though, it has moments here it looks pretty nice... and then where it looks choppy and canned.

It never ceases to amaze me how sloppy this game looks with uesr control... all wiggling and jiggling down the field. :rolls eyes: the game would looks so much nicer if people played sim-style.

Last edited by PGaither84; 06-08-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #74
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

When are they going to penalize people for not being still when they throw the football?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
My thoughts/impressions:

The "zig zag running"(L-Stick Steering) happens when playing the A.I. too.. We need either another step in the steering animation or more "weight" added to it. Thats one of the biggest culprits for the explosion plays in Madden. Disappointing to still see it here in M12. I just don't understand why the defensive players must adhere to the locomotion/momentum when changing directions but the ball carrier does not.

For Pittsburgh to have elite pass rushers, I was expecting Harrison & Woodley to "go ham" on the offensive tackles. Instead I saw the tackles warp into their stances to completely wash out the elite duo on more than one occasion.

Liked that the RB picked up and took out that blitzing inside linebacker.

Don't like the extra dropback or the fact that he's dropping back at a faster speed than, again, ELITE pass rushers getting upfield versus what should be average/mediocre OT's rating wise.

EA needs to tune the A.I. defenders to pin their ears back and be more aggressive to get after the QB once he starts dropping back further or moving out of the pocket.
This right here hits the nail squarely on the head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 AM   #76
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Id also like to see less of the 3 Down linemen coming scott free...... but more push up the middle if they get a "win" roll during the play

Im not saying totally eliminate it either....I still want guys like Ngata and Suh to get to the qb some........

but (the push up the middle/pushing OL into the QB) should be more frequent then those interior guys chasing down the qb and getting the most sacks

Thats been a big pet peeve of mine about Madden.....In the 3-4 the LBs are the stars...they get all the fancy sack numbers...but in Madden its reversed

A.Smith is one of the best 3-4 DEs to ever play the game, but he shouldn't be killing SilverBack(Harrison) in sacks all the time in Madden

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #77
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Do the people who play in theese videos even watch football? Every single Madden 12 IGN-movie they have posted thus far the QBs drop back almost 20 yards before every pass play. How about actually stepping up in the pocket once, and show how the pass blocking really works?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #78
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Videos were a little short for any real impressions. But WHY was it necessary to scrap the auto-drop? So users could do THAT? SMH...offline FTW
Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 16
I dont see the big deal about the unrealistic rollout, cheesers are gonna cheese regardless so if they fix that it'll be something else.

Personally I dont play online much but the one game where I remember playing a guy who dropped back 20 yards and heaved passes way downfield was my easiest madden victory ever.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Looks great...but it's the same old Madden. People are gonna have to make peace with that up front. If they're expecting a different game, I would suggest not buying it.

I GF Madden every year because after playing NCAA in the weeks leading to release I usually can stand Madden for about 2-3 weeks then find myself feeling like I've been playing the same game for 10 years once the novelty wears off. But for the people that have enjoyed the game every year for the past few I think they'll be happy as it's defintely the best looking Madden I can remember.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »