Home

Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

This is a discussion on Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #33
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Haha... yeah, Farve did many unbelievable things in his career, but I don't think anybody has ever pulled off a 180 degree jump pass. And yes, had he rolled out to the left and planted his feet before he throw it would be a completely different play. Problem is he didn't do that.

I really see the benefit in bringing in a sort of vision system that copies FIFA 12's new concept. What we know of FIFA's vision map system is that it's a system that makes players gain an overview over the field over time. Elite passers get an overview almost instantly, while worse passers need a few seconds to get the same overview. This would also work with the new Sense Pressure trait that Madden introduces. If the QB becomes "Trigger Happy" or "Paranoid" from constant defensive pressure, his vision of the field becomes impaired making more likely to tuck and run or throw bad passes even though a receiver is open.

I love the idea. I was a fan of the vision cone at the time, but this would work great. I would like to see the primary receiver be in the sights of the worse passers from the beginning.

Favre was definately not a sim player.LOL.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #34
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Dynamic lighting still needs some work. At the end of the Quarter (1:14 mark) the shadows just magically appear.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #35
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I saw the pre-snap adjustment "Pass" has been changed to "Edge Rush". With the new "Player Traits", I'm wondering if it'll work better than last year and if it has any effect on Outside Linebackers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I saw the pre-snap adjustment "Pass" has been changed to "Edge Rush". With the new "Player Traits", I'm wondering if it'll work better than last year and if it has any effect on Outside Linebackers?
Nice catch!!!! If the EA team could just make that work properly and we could control whenever we wanted to use it I think that would be perfect!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Just asked Pasta Padre to try this new "Edge Rush" feature out on Twitter. This could be a game changer if it actually works properly....
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
Two things here:

1. It would really help if we could get some video of people playing the game who have any idea of how to play. Really hard to get a feeling for how it looks when dude is sprinting left and throwing right with Ben all day long.

2. I'm sorry but this looks like the same game to me. I'm sure the vids we are seeing are on the default "pro" setting but the game plays way to fast, the zig-zag running to elude defense is sickening, and there seems to be just too much space to play in on offense in general.

I hope I'm wrong but the initial I"m getting from the gameplay footage is, Ehhh.
This, looks pretty, hope it is not another arcade fest.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
That is not uncommon. A WR runs his route at a certain speed so he can cut properly, then when the ball is in the air, and its out in front he will speed up to get to it.

There is nothing wrong with that.
Yes there is when the D does not react to the ball. Unfortunetly it's been like that with Madden for years. It's better though than it's been in the past.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-08-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 14

this game really needs some flavor. All defensive lineman have the same old slumping slow old man looking stance as the offense comes to the line. All linebackers stand the same way, all DB's stand the same way. I hope gameplay is solid, but I would love a little more personality in between plays just to have a little character. Again I can live without it if gameplay is solid, but it helps the immersion factor to have these details.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »