Home

OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #49
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Game does look good and I'll buy it like always, but if you have been around a long time, everyone including this site always says how good it's going to be around this time of year at the first previews.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #50
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Game does look good and I'll buy it like always, but if you have been around a long time, everyone including this site always says how good it's going to be around this time of year at the first previews.
It's like anything really. You get a new car, you love it. The car can do no wrong.

Pretty soon you notice the engine overheats at times, but you still love your car. You eventually get to the point where you're tossing it off a cliff, telling yourself "next time it won't end like this"
Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #51
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1
Yeah, the game will be fun for people that just want to play, I for one am seeing something of concern for myself. What kept me from enjoying Madden 11 was the offensive line play. I hate not seeing 3-4 NTs not double teamed on most plays, its unrealistic and it bothers me enough to not be able and enjoy the game. It wont be fixed this year, and who knows when. Bells and whistles are fine for the average madden player, but I need basic game play to be functional and it seems its still not after what 8-9 years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #52
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
Madden is looking brilliant this year. My only wish, no major bugs that can't fix like 'features' that never work and break the game. I have a feeling that won't happen this year, call me gutsy! I am stoked!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lets be very clear about something. The last 2 Maddens were Ok games, but they were missing a special ingredient and it's called the FUN FACTOR. The reason it was missing that, was 1 part presentation, 1 part execution. The graphics are great but how they are presented do not impress. This year with the focus on broadcast presentation, I am hoping that that is fixed.

In terms of the fun factor, line play is important, when I am running the i-formation against the 3-4 defense and the defense is not blitzing, there is no way in the world that I should not see 4 yards on a carry with a decent line. The 3-4 is not about linemen coming off blocks to make miraculous tackles it's about the linebacker stepping up and the linemen to hold their gaps. When I see a hole and my back just can't get to it even when I know I've called the right play - I am sorry, but that it not fun.

There is parity in this league and a lot of what makes American Football the greatest sport on the green earth and the NFL the best league is because a well coached team with a great game plan that executes can win. That feeling is not always in Madden, there are always exploits or power teams and don't get me wrong playing well can help to alleviate that, but in real life there is no unstoppable play or person. I want that in my game. I am ranting, but I want the FUN FACTOR BACK!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #54
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
As always, I'm waiting and seeing. I don't know if I've ever read a negative review of Madden or NCAA from those who have been privileged enough to play the game ahead of time. Then us regular folks get our hands on the game and the flaws are apparent almost instantly. Then the same people who wrote the glowing reviews will acknowledge a year down the road as they're comparing the new version to the old version that the old version came up lacking. I read these reviews as an "FYI" only, but I'm sure there will be a major issue that regular gamers will notice on release day.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
As always, I'm waiting and seeing. I don't know if I've ever read a negative review of Madden or NCAA from those who have been privileged enough to play the game ahead of time. Then us regular folks get our hands on the game and the flaws are apparent almost instantly. Then the same people who wrote the glowing reviews will acknowledge a year down the road as they're comparing the new version to the old version that the old version came up lacking. I read these reviews as an "FYI" only, but I'm sure there will be a major issue that regular gamers will notice on release day.
Good post B-Diddy! How have you been?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #56
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
The final thoughts have me very intrigued again for Madden. Skipped last years, but this article has me definitely excited for football gaming again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »