Home

Is Online Franchise going to match Offline this year?

This is a discussion on Is Online Franchise going to match Offline this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is Online Franchise going to match Offline this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
yea that whole "it was the least used feature" was a EA twisting of the data to go along with a bs "reason" for the fact they didnt work on '11 online franch. ncaa online dynasty does all the talking necessary to say this is a much wanted and needed feature for madden and any other EA or non EA sports game. honestly speaking this is the only innovating that EA has truly "changed the game" for sports gaming and gives other companies something to model after. i really dont think theres a game that wouldnt be better if it had its career mode online.

Very well said. We dont play Online Franchise because it presently sucks. Get it right EA.

Also, I think EA did this because 2k had online leagues for years WITH websites and EA had nothing and they felt like they had to respond. Well they made a great adjustment. Going the Online Franchise/Dynasty route was revolutionary as EA has lifted the bar across all sports titles.

Now I really hope Madden 12 Online Franchise has a least closed the gap a good bit. We like NCAA but we want a change of pace from from college. I would love to get back to the Pro level.

We've been sticking with NCAA (over Madden and NBA 2k) for 3 years now simply because Online Dynasty is the richest suite of features.

But NCAA will earn our business again if the others are still not up to par.

Last edited by aksumite; 06-10-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would just like to be able to have full stats, salaries, and a real offseason mode. That wouldn't take that long to fix. 2k5 was able to have an online league with real stats through the ESPN interface and that was 7 years ago.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
I would just like to be able to have full stats, salaries, and a real offseason mode. That wouldn't take that long to fix. 2k5 was able to have an online league with real stats through the ESPN interface and that was 7 years ago.
That would have been nice in madden10 but this is Madden12 I want it all... I want DPP in online franchise along with everything else!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

July 25th can't come soon enough.

I'm wondering if my crew of coaches can hold out and not buy NCAA 12 until July 25th when we see what Madden Online Franchise information has to offer.

We love NCAA Online Dynasty and are still playing strong now.

We love the Online Dynasty/Franchise/Association modes so much that we can only play 1 at a time because we get really into that 1 and take it very seriously.

I use to play 100 nba 2K online leagues at a time lol those days are gone....we want 1 that is deep, realistic, and intense and that's the one we stick it out with for that entire year easily 20+ seasons into it.

We try to get as much info as we can then vote to see which one we will all buy as a group.

cmon July 25th......
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd be content with parity with the Madden 10-11 offline franchise.

That's my expectation, I hope they come close to meeting it. I really don't expect them to exceed it and add all this stuff they were able to put into offline this year.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

I'd be willing to bet that online franchise, essentially, hasn't been touched. They haven't said a thing about it; that's never a good sign. Last year, nothing was really said about franchise (online or offline) until we were informed that they did absolutely nothing to either mode. E3 has come and gone, and we still have heard nothing regarding online franchise.

The writing is on the wall.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I'd be willing to bet that online franchise, essentially, hasn't been touched. They haven't said a thing about it; that's never a good sign. Last year, nothing was really said about franchise (online or offline) until we were informed that they did absolutely nothing to either mode. E3 has come and gone, and we still have heard nothing regarding online franchise.

The writing is on the wall.
The writing on the wall says 'news coming 7/25' though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #32
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The writing on the wall says 'news coming 7/25' though.
It says online news coming 7/25 not Online Franchise news. I expect what you hear about is communities which was briefly mentioned for FIFA. I think Online Franchise as we know it is effectively dead. They were convinced what made it unpopular was the rigid scheduling of games, not the fact that it was a lackluster effort.

They also promised updates which held people back from playing it because why play something that doesn't work very well if it is going to be updated. They then abandoned those updates without a word until the next year when they told us no one used it so they didn't update it.

I hope I am 100% wrong on this but I be highly shocked to see any Online Franchise news, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see what we had has been scraped for this new communities thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »