Home

Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12]

This is a discussion on Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12]

So far ,the only video i have seen where people are doing this are ones where the user is controlling Tony Romo or Big Ben. Both of these QBs have among the highest Throw on the Run ratings in the game. Even then, on multiple occasions, the user comes to a stop before throwing.

I am not saying I like to see that, but to be fair, I haven't seen something I would call foul on yet either. Is there I video or clip I missed someone can point me to?

I think one of the larger problems is that the D-Line still appears rather weak. they have a difficult time applying pressure or stuffing the run. Also, the QB scrambling isn't as well represented as it could be. "That other game" has great animations and movement of scrambling around in the backfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12]

thank you!!!

people are over reacting on the dropback throwing..

About the run D...i wont judge that until the demo because there has not been 1 video where the defensive user has slanted his line, or shifted and slanted anything...
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

I think one of the larger problems is that the D-Line still appears rather weak. they have a difficult time applying pressure or stuffing the run. Also, the QB scrambling isn't as well represented as it could be. "That other game" has great animations and movement of scrambling around in the backfield.
AJ mentioned in another thread that he thinks the reason for that is because it's being played on Pro, where there is a weaker rush vs All-Pro and All-Madden.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Check the Philip Rivers video. It's beyond egregious. I think it's like a 25 yard dropback and a 50 yard throw (maybe more, I didn't measure).

I actually like lots of what I see in terms of the gameplay, but I think the game still has that really bad tendency of allowing clowns to play like clowns without suffering any real consequences.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Gotta hate people who drop back 50 feet scramble, and make a perfect throw.

BTW, would "that other game" be 2k5? So can we not mention it in this forum or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards

BTW, would "that other game" be 2k5? So can we not mention it in this forum or something?
Not for comparison purposes.

Based on past history, discussions normally go in a downward spiral once it's brought up in that fashion.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Damn, the moment you think EA has done its best to eliminate the "clown players", we get hit in the face with madden 2003-04 all over again. Its really sad and pathetic that the devs have not implemented an old feature where the icons would be greyed out when you dropped too far back like that, there should also be a penalty for trying to throw it away when you are back that far aswell.

Wonder what they were thinking and I hope something like this can be patched in or something.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

That is really unfortunate. Once again, running a league will force simulation style commissioners to enforce all kinds of house rules because the game can't take the most basic movements of a real life human being and account for them. I just wonder how much the guys developing really watch or have played sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »