Home

Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

This is a discussion on Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #49
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

Why would the accelerated play clock allow you to run more plays in a game? Think about it.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This is exactly what he said..

You now set the specific number of seconds remaining on the playclock when you break the huddle... this can be 25, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, or 10 seconds. I don't recommend 10, this leaves you about 3 seconds to snap the ball once you reach the line of scrimmage.

My interpretation is that there is no longer a set run off time. Now you get to choose the time on the game clock left when you break the huddle. Simple concept that is being made far too difficult.

And I'm fairly certain this was the way acc clock was done on the previous gen.

Last edited by kehlis; 06-09-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I'm fairly certain that what he's saying entails, let's say you set it to 10 seconds remaining. If you pick your play with :38 on the play clock, it runs it down to 10 and therefore takes 28 seconds off the game clock. If you pick your play at :21, it runs it down to 10 and takes 11 seconds off, so in total 30 seconds come off the game and play clock every play before you/the CPU approach the line of scrimmage

From the video of Mr Excited Guy playing Phil (Redskins/Cowboys footage), at the game options screen it was only "play clock remaining" or something to that effect, it looks like that option has completely replaced the 15-20-25 runoff option of old, as that wasn't listed there as well. So it's a new system

At least that's the only way that truly makes sense.
I see what you saying and thats probably how its going to be but in reality I would still only be getting like 20-25 seconds to run off the game clock with the way your saying because you only get 40 seconds with the play clock once the play is over. I pick my plays pretty quick but not in 2 seconds. Haha! It will naturally take anyone around maybe 5-10 seconds to pick there play leaving the playclock around 30-35 seconds once your done and only burning around 20-25 seconds off the game clock once you pick your play while the play clock winds down to 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #52

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
I see what you saying and thats probably how its going to be but in reality I would still only be getting like 20-25 seconds to run off the game clock with the way your saying because you only get 40 seconds with the play clock once the play is over. I pick my plays pretty quick but not in 2 seconds. Haha! It will naturally take anyone around maybe 5-10 seconds to pick there play leaving the playclock around 30-35 seconds once your done and only burning around 20-25 seconds off the game clock once you pick your play while the play clock winds down to 10.
I still think you are misunderstanding it. Regardless of how quickly you pick your play, if you choose 10 secs, you will break the huddle with 10 on the playclock and the 30 previous to that point on the game clock with be gone.

I really think you are over thinking this.

Example (with 10 seconds as your selection):

Play clock starts at 13:00

You pick your play within 2 seconds real time.

You break the huddle at 12:30 with 10 second left on the play clock

Last edited by kehlis; 06-09-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Probably just a mistake in typing, that wouldn't even make sense.

My interpretation is that there is no longer a set run off time. Now you get to choose the time on the game clock left when you break the huddle. Simple concept that is being made far too difficult.

And I'm fairly certain this was the way acc clock was done on the previous gen.

Yea I understand it now the way bitchettehappens broke it down. Its still pretty much going to be the same way just more tied in with the playclock now..
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I still think you are misunderstanding it. Regardless of how quickly you pick your play, if you choose 10 secs, you will break the huddle with 10 on the playclock and the 30 previous to that point on the game clock with be gone.

I really think you are over thinking this.

Example (with 10 seconds as your selection):

Play clock starts at 13:00

You pick your play within 2 seconds real time.

You break the huddle at 12:30 with 10 second left on the play clock
I understand the way Bitchette explained it. He's saying that for example if you pick your play with 38 seconds left on the play clock and lets say the game clock was at 13:00 minutes like your saying. It will burn off 28 seconds on the game clock putting it at 12:32 because its tied in with the playclock. The playclock will be at 10 seconds once you break the huddle burning off the remaing 28 seconds that was left when you picked your play at 38 seconds to get it to 10 seconds once you break the huddle.

I was saying in reality it naturally takes anyone around 5-10 seconds to pick there play so the play clock will be at 30-35 seconds once you pick the play and it will run off 20-25 seconds off the game clock once you break the huddle and the play clock will be at 10.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #55

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
I understand the way Bitchette explained it. He's saying that for example if you pick your play with 38 seconds left on the playclock and lets say the gameclock was at 13:00 minutes like your saying. It will burn off 28 seconds on the gameclock putting it at 12:32 because its tied in with the playclock. The playclock will be at 10 seconds once you break the huddle burning off the remaing 28 seconds that was left to get it to 10 seconds once you break the huddle.

I was saying in reality it naturally takes anyone around 5-10 seconds to pick there play so the playclock will be at 30-35 seconds once you pick the play and it will run off 20-25 seconds off the gameclock once you break the huddle and the play clock will be at 10.
You are putting too much into how much time it takes someone to pick their play and it is an irrelevant variable.

If you choose 10 seconds, regardless of if you take 2, 5, or 10 seconds to pick your play, you break huddle with 10 seconds on the playclock having burned 30 seconds from the gameclock.

Bichette said that same thing so you didn't understand the way he explained it. His explanation is correct, you just misunderstood it.

Last edited by kehlis; 06-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
You are putting too much into how much time it takes someone to pick their play and it is an irrelevant variable.

If you choose 10 seconds, regardless of if you take 2, 5, or 10 seconds to pick your play, you break huddle with 10 seconds on the playclock having burned 30 seconds from the gameclock.

Bichette said that same thing so you didn't understand the way he explained it. His explanation is correct, you just misunderstood it.
How did I misunderstand what he said? That is what he clearly said. His words..

If you pick your play with :38 on the play clock, it runs it down to 10 and therefore takes 28 seconds off the game clock. If you pick your play at :21(playclock), it runs it down to 10 and takes 11 seconds off, so in total 30 seconds come off the game and play clock every play before you/the CPU approach the line of scrimmage

Thats what he said 28 seconds off the gameclock if you pick your play at 38 seconds on the playclock. 11 seconds off the game clock if you pick your play at 21 seconds on the play clock. Thats his exact words. The play clock will be at 10 seconds when you break the huddle and will burn off the remaining seconds on the play clock(Examples 38 or 21 which is 28 and 11 seconds and that same amount of time will be burned off the game clock).

He was talking about time will be running off the game clock while your looking for a play to pick but that happens with the set up now and you still burn off 25 seconds with the accerated clock once you pick your play. So you get that amount of time now that he's saying. I was saying I wanted 30 seconds to be burned off the game clock after you pick your play. Your misunderstanding what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »