Home

Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

This is a discussion on Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #57

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Does accelerated clock still stop @ 2 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
How did I misunderstand what he said? That is what he clearly said. His words..

If you pick your play with :38 on the play clock, it runs it down to 10 and therefore takes 28 seconds off the game clock. If you pick your play at :21(playclock), it runs it down to 10 and takes 11 seconds off, so in total 30 seconds come off the game and play clock every play before you/the CPU approach the line of scrimmage

Thats what he said 28 seconds off the gameclock if you pick your play at 38 seconds on the playclock. 11 seconds off the game clock if you pick your play at 21 seconds on the play clock. Thats his exact words. The play clock will be at 10 seconds when you break the huddle and will burn off the remaining seconds on the play clock(Examples 38 or 21 which is 28 and 11 seconds and that same amount of time will be burned off the game clock).

He was talking about time will be running off the game clock while your looking for a play to pick but that happens with the set up now and you still burn off 25 seconds with the accerated clock once you pick your play. So you get that amount of time now that he's saying.
When he said the bolded part he wasn't saying as part of any example. He was saying in total, every play, regardless of how much time it takes you pick your play, 30 total seconds come off both the game and play clock...

This is a simple concept. Regardless of how long you take to pick a play, if you start the play at the 13:00 minute mark, you will be breaking the huddle at the 12:30 mark.

It cannot be explained any more clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I'm fairly certain that what he's saying entails, let's say you set it to 10 seconds remaining. If you pick your play with :38 on the play clock, it runs it down to 10 and therefore takes 28 seconds off the game clock. If you pick your play at :21, it runs it down to 10 and takes 11 seconds off, so in total 30 seconds come off the game and play clock every play before you/the CPU approach the line of scrimmage

From the video of Mr Excited Guy playing Phil (Redskins/Cowboys footage), at the game options screen it was only "play clock remaining" or something to that effect, it looks like that option has completely replaced the 15-20-25 runoff option of old, as that wasn't listed there as well. So it's a new system

At least that's the only way that truly makes sense.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
When he said the bolded part he wasn't saying as part of any example. He was saying in total, every play, regardless of how much time it takes you pick your play, 30 total seconds come off both the game and play clock...

This is a simple concept. Regardless of how long you take to pick a play, if you start the play at the 13:00 minute mark, you will be breaking the huddle at the 12:30 mark.

It cannot be explained any more clearly.
I also said that set up is like that now with the regular accelerated clock. If you start a play at the 13:00 mark and take like 5 seconds to pick your play and say your using a 25 second accerelated clock you will be breaking the huddle at the 12:30 mark still. I'm saying I want 30 seconds to be burned off the clock after I pick my play which would have left the clock at 12:25 when I broke the huddle. The set up he's saying won't be any different then it is now because by the time you pick your play it will only be shedding the remaining seconds from the playclock to get it down to 10 seconds once you break the huddle.. The same amount of seconds the shed from the play clock to get it down to 10 seconds is the same amount of seconds they will be shedding off the game clock when you break the huddle.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #59

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
I also said that set up is like that now with the regular accelerated clock. If you start a play at the 13:00 mark and take like 5 seconds to pick your play and say your using a 25 second accerelated clock you will be breaking the huddle at the 12:30 mark still. I'm saying I want 30 seconds to be burned off the clock after I pick my play which would have left the clock at 12:25 when I broke the huddle. The set up he's saying won't be any different then it is now because by the time you pick your play it will only be shedding the remaining seconds from the playclock to get it down to 10 seconds once you break the huddle.. The same amount of seconds the shed from the play clock to get it down to 10 seconds is the same amount of seconds they will be shedding off the game clock when you break the huddle.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If you choose the 25 second option and the play starts at 13:00 then you will break the huddle at 12:45 and will only have run off 15 seconds of game clock.

AGAIN, the time it takes for you to pick your play is completely irrelevant yet you keep bringing it up. It has no bearing.

Last edited by kehlis; 06-09-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If you choose the 25 second option and the play starts at 13:00 then you will break the huddle at 12:45 and will only have run off 15 seconds of game clock.

AGAIN, the time it takes for you to pick your play is completely irrelevant yet you keep bringing it up. It has no bearing.
Your not understanding what I'm saying at all. How will the play clock be at 12:45 when you break the huddle? Thats only a 15 second runoff. The play clock would be at 12:35 with the 25 second runoff when you break the huddle if you picked your play at the 13:00 mark. I was talking about if you get tackled at the 13:00 mark and took like 5 seconds to pick your play you would break the huddle at 12:55 then the 25 second runoff would take you down to 12:30. Thats how the set up is now. I'm saying I want 30 seconds to be burned off the game clock after I pick my play which would have bought the game clock down to 12:25 with this example.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #61

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Your not understanding what I'm saying at all. How will the play clock be at 12:45 when you break the huddle? Thats only a 15 second runoff. The play clock would be at 12:35 with the 25 second runoff when you break the huddle if you picked your play at the 13:00 mark. I was talking about if you get tackled at the 13:00 mark and took like 5 seconds to pick your play you would break the huddle at 12:55 then the 25 second runoff would take you don't to 12:30. Thats how the set up is now. I'm saying I want 30 seconds to be burned off the game clock after I pick my play which would have bought the game clock down to 12:25 with this example.
Stop using the phrase runoff, it's one of the reasons you are confused.

I understand what you are saying, I'm trying my hardest to explain why your understanding of it is wrong. You are mixing last years method with this years and it is completely the opposite and is no longer anything like how it worked previously.

I honestly don't know how else I can explain it.

If you choose 25: You break the huddle with 25 seconds on the game clock simulating 15 seconds of play and game clock.

example: 13:00 start, 12:45 break leaving 25 seconds to snap

Choosing 20:

13:00 start, 12:40 break leaving 20 seconds to snap

Choosing 15:

13:00 start, 12:35 break leaving 15 to snap.

Stop doing all these calculations where you are calculating how long you take to pick your play and then subtract time from there. It is not that complicated.

I don't know how I could possibly clear this up better for you.

Again, I understand what you are saying, it is not correct.

Last edited by kehlis; 06-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 16
Yeah I am now confused as to what Jarrod is saying he wants the accelerated clock to be...

You want it to take off 30 seconds every play regardless of how long choosing a play takes?

If you then take an extra 3 seconds to pick a certain play then your offense literally won't be able to make it to the line in time to snap the ball.

In my opinion it makes so much more sense for them to do it as they seem to be this year, having 30 seconds (or however many you choose) off the clock every play, then there's the time it takes to get to the line, make any adjustments, and snap the ball. If you choose 10 seconds remaining you're realistically looking at 37 seconds coming off between every play, I dont see how you could possibly be needing more time to come off than that.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Yeah I am now confused as to what Jarrod is saying he wants the accelerated clock to be...

You want it to take off 30 seconds every play regardless of how long choosing a play takes?

If you then take an extra 3 seconds to pick a certain play then your offense literally won't be able to make it to the line in time to snap the ball.

In my opinion it makes so much more sense for them to do it as they seem to be this year, having 30 seconds (or however many you choose) off the clock every play, then there's the time it takes to get to the line, make any adjustments, and snap the ball. If you choose 10 seconds remaining you're realistically looking at 37 seconds coming off between every play, I dont see how you could possibly be needing more time to come off than that.

I was saying a 30 second runoff clock would have been good for how its set up now on 11. The way you explained it in your post you said if you pick your play while the play clock is at 38 it will runoff the remaining 28 seconds to bring the play clock to 10 once you pick your play and break the huddle and it would also run the same amount off the game clock. Isn't that what you said? Meaning it would be 28 seconds burned of the game clock to match the 28 seconds taken off the play clock to get it to 10 seconds once you get to the line of scrimmage..

You then said if you pick your play while the play clock ticked down to 21 and you pick your play it would runoff the remaining 11 seconds down to 10 once you pick your play and would run 11 second off the game clock too. Meaning you took 19 seconds to pick your play and I'm guessing your including the game clock running off those 19 seconds it took you to pick your play plus the 11 seconds that will be ran off after you break the huddle bringing the total to 30 seconds once you get to the line of scrimmage. That is how you said it in your post. I was basing everything off how you said that.

I'm trying to figure out how much clock will be ran off the game clock as soon as you break the huddle. I'm not talking about how much game clock has been ran off while your picking your play. Its like that now on Madden 11. Time is running off the game clock while your picking your play and then once you pick your play the accelerated clock with take off 25 seconds. If if takes you about 10 seconds to pick your play you will have burned off a total of 35 seconds once you get to the line of scrimmage. Thats how it is on 11 now and I get too many plays with that when I try to use a 25 second runoff clock.

I know the play clock will be at 10 when you break the huddle but how much clock comes off the game clock when you break the huddle with the new set up. Thats where I'm getting lost.. With the way you explained it to me the game clock will runoff the remaing seconds left on the play clock when the play clock rolls down to 10(or wherever you have it) seconds once you break the huddle. With that kind of set up only 20-25 seconds will be ranoff the game clock once you break the huddle (which is no different then the current setup)because in reality you will be picking your play while the play clock is at 30-35 seconds not the 38 seconds you said because the play clock starts at 40 once you get tackled and it will take 5-10 seconds to pick your play. Remember I'm not talking about how much game clock is being ran off while your picking your play. That happens on 11..

I'm using 10 seconds as an example because anything higher would be less time coming off game clock even though 10 seconds would be rough to make your adjustments at the line of scrimmage. If its like how I'm explaining it and how I thought you were explaining it to me I'm going to have the same problems and will be using a 13 minute or 14 minute clock again which isn't a big deal but I would like to play with 15 minute quarters so I just hope I'm misunderstanding whats going on and will be glad when AJ comes back to the thread and break it down a little more because right now its just a bunch of theories going on.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 16

With Madden 11 though, even with accelerated clock runoff at 25 I don't think I ever saw the playclock go below 20 (or maybe it was 15 minimum) seconds remaining when I broke the huddle, so that could explain why even though you were supposed to have 25 additional seconds run off, it wasn't happening. (So if I took 10 seconds to pick a play, the playclock wouldn't then run 25 seconds off leaving me with 5 to make it to the line of scrimmage and snap the ball, it would always just run down to 20 seconds) But maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

That would certainly explain why you were still getting more plays off, then add to that the fact that the CPU snapped the ball almost instant last year making their time of possession less than normal and giving you more time to run more plays. If they fix the instant snap, or even if you simply have it set to 10 seconds remaining, you should have for more realistic play numbers this year, provided it all works as intended. I don't see how you possibly couldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »