Home

Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12]

This is a discussion on Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dropping Back Deep and Throwing [M12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Adembroski also said that there's someone at Tiburon that hates the game because he lives by those 25 yard drop backs, and he can barely complete a pass, so that may be a good sign. He stated that he and Scant ( if that's spelled correctly) are killing people by letting the CPU handle the drop, and only scrambling when someting opens up in front of them.
I don't have a problem with the completions per se like others. I feel if the QB gets his feet set and/or has a good throw-on-the-run rating and is not throwing across his body, completions shouldn't be any harder. For example, if the user drops back 20 yards and throws a 5 yard pass, it shouldn't be any harder than any other pass that covers 30 yards.

My problem is the lack of up field rush that should contain the QB more times than not.

Contain is also a problem on run plays. There's no contain logic in the game except when calling "contain" in the huddle, which I always thought was ridiculous. There should be contain AI for every defense.

And despite how good Suh is, I have a problem with him putting another grown man on his back with regularity. NFL players just don't get man handled like that. I hope AJ was exaggerating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
^ He is not referring to a football penalty where a ref throws a flag [at least I hope not.] He is referring to a mechanical penalty. The game is supposed to have this already... and that is what the "Throw on the Run [RUN]" rating is for. However, it doesn't work very well.
Exactly, something along the lines of the ball not making it out of bounds when thrown when you are back that deep and having it be closer to the sideline of an intended wr but still able to be picked off.

This has been an issues that plagued us players since Vick entered the league and graced the cover. Like I said before, they put a feature in place to stop this non sense by making the icons grey out and you cant pass accurately aswell. So what stopped them from doing that?

And in play testing, with all the wish list threads and complaint threads on every Madden forum, you would think instead of eliminating plays like they have done before, they would test them the way its been abused online and go from there. Whats the point of testing out the game if you're not gonna go all the way and test out the cheesers way of play?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #27
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't have a problem with the completions per se like others. I feel if the QB gets his feet set and/or has a good throw-on-the-run rating and is not throwing across his body, completions shouldn't be any harder. For example, if the user drops back 20 yards and throws a 5 yard pass, it shouldn't be any harder than any other pass that covers 30 yards.

My problem is the lack of up field rush that should contain the QB more times than not.

Contain is also a problem on run plays. There's no contain logic in the game except when calling "contain" in the huddle, which I always thought was ridiculous. There should be contain AI for every defense.

And despite how good Suh is, I have a problem with him putting another grown man on his back with regularity. NFL players just don't get man handled like that. I hope AJ was exaggerating.
Yes, they need less of those blow by animations, especially for interior DL....The animation should be more of a "tug of war" variety....

Where the strong DL pushes the OL straight back into the QB if he gets a Win Roll....

If you get into an engagement with an OL While PLaying the DL, you should be able guide/steer that animation like a missile into a target

Only Elite Pass Blockers should have that stone wall animation where the hand fighting ensues

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yes, because that's always the best way to go about things. Call out the dev team and question whether they actually watch the sport they make a video game of.

Well done.
Not gonna argue with you on this as its been apparent this gen that the devs seem to not have grasped what football is when last gen it was nearly perfect given the real limitations of those systems. Have you ever seen a safety push an Olinemen out of the way at the LOS with little to no resistance?

I have seen it several times along with other things in games that players do that indicate that the dev team is mostly of people "who just wanna work" or are not a "fan of the sport". Maybe one day it will benefit from a group of guys who love to play and watch football and not look at it as a "job".

With that said, these latest improvements should pave the way for what we all as fans have been clamoring for this gen, and thats top notch gameplay.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

He was probably exaggerating, or they need to go back and do some tuning. Either way, it's a good sign, maybe, that ratings in the trenches will be significant this year.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Not gonna argue with you on this as its been apparent this gen that the devs seem to not have grasped what football is when last gen it was nearly perfect given the real limitations of those systems. Have you ever seen a safety push an Olinemen out of the way at the LOS with little to no resistance?

I have seen it several times along with other things in games that players do that indicate that the dev team is mostly of people "who just wanna work" or are not a "fan of the sport". Maybe one day it will benefit from a group of guys who love to play and watch football and not look at it as a "job".

With that said, these latest improvements should pave the way for what we all as fans have been clamoring for this gen, and thats top notch gameplay.
So, would you agree that the current group developers have watched a game of football "more than just wanna work" and are paving the way for top notch gameplay?

The improvements this year are hard to ignore.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
MVP

Someone, please tell when the last time you have ever seen a QB irl drop back 20+ yards and make an accurate throw downfield or across his body?

What really frustrating is the elusiveness of the QBs in these situations and how poised they are when they throw the ball as if that 800 pound gorilla isnt inches from knocking them out of the game after they attempt to throw or successfully make the pass. I would love for QBs who get beat up like that be more prone to getting injured or something to curve this from being truly excessive in online lobby play like it should be.

Just saying, after getting hit from a Dwight Freeney or Mario Williams a few times from these backward scrambles should have any QB rattled the next time they try to throw a pass making it more of a "only when needed basis" for doing such a silly tactic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

While it pains me to admit it, the vast vast majority of madden plays do not sit in the pocket, read the defence and then make the throw. Like it or not, most players choose to play the passing gaming from 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage - and the sad truth is if they penalised it as it should be then they would lose more sales than they would gain.

I've been lobbying for a sim/arcade option for ages now, I feel its the only real way to solve this type of problem.

What I would love to see is a "Scramble cam" - when you role out the pocket the camera zooms in so you have a true half-field view. If you stop to set your feet again, the camera zooms out. I feel that would fix all the problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »