Home

(Franchise/DPP)Does anyone else think

This is a discussion on (Franchise/DPP)Does anyone else think within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: (Franchise/DPP)Does anyone else think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
There is some good information on the blogs about franchise mode being greatly improved in many ways. Free Agency bidding (Think NFL Head Coach 09) and other cool features that really are kinda new.

The one thing you (the OP) mentioned is 'trades'. I really haven't seen much about CPU attempting to trade or anything really on trade logic other than reading about how it is being 'tuned'.

Hope that helps. (I would give you a link, but EA's site is blocked here at work)

franchise is legit this year!! i played a whole season this weekend!! trades arent as easy as before. u gotta give to get. trade block seems broken, i put fred jackson on the block for a 7th round pick an no one offered.

also teams are willing to give future draft picks but reject anytime i offer a future draft pick...

but other than that. franchise is legit!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
franchise is legit this year!! i played a whole season this weekend!! trades arent as easy as before. u gotta give to get. trade block seems broken, i put fred jackson on the block for a 7th round pick an no one offered.

also teams are willing to give future draft picks but reject anytime i offer a future draft pick...

but other than that. franchise is legit!!
I had some strangeness with the trade block too, put Cassel up for a 1st round pick, got no offers, but then when I put 1st round pick this year, 1st next year, and a DT of whatever+ rating, I got multiple offers of a pick + player.

I guess maybe because i didn't offer enough variety or the ability to receiver enough value for my player it wasn't generating the proper offers to give me and displayed none.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #27
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Franchise is a ton better for sure. DPP is nice and it does add something to the game. Like the game I was just playing the Lions vs the Bucks. I got stuff on a few runs in a row and the Buck DL and LB's got on a hot streak. I couldn't run the ball for crap for a while until I busted out a 10 yd run and it knocked some of them off the hot streak. Just one example of many.

Trade logic is screwy so yes if you want the real deal you probably need to control all 32 teams. I mentioned in other threads you can get 2 first round picks pretty easy if you look for a team that needs a certain position and trade someone around 85+. I got a first round pick for Terrel Owens after signing him off the free agent wire.

But you can't get crap for first round picks. I tried to trade a 88 RT that was 32 years old for a 88 RT that was 25 years old and my 2012 and 2013 draft pick to test things out and they would not budge!!

I a 88 MLB off of FA and traded him to the Pats for a 70 MLB and a 2012 and 2013 first round pick :P. Silly stuff like that happens with the CPU.

They are much better though at signing the right FA and resigning players they should keep. So if you just make a house rule for yourself not to do stupid trades like those above with the CPU you probaby don't need to play all 32 teams. They will do ok with signing the right FA and so on. They just wont trade stuff with each other all year normally.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
Rookie

catch212's Arena

OVR: 0

Did anybody else read that as DDP?

Self High-Five!

And no, I actually finally enjoy the franchise mode this year. It's my favorite since the ps2 days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »