Home

Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1
Is it worth it for Madden 11?

I used to buy Madden and NCAA every year, but recently I have downgraded and have only bought one. I loved NCAA 11 this year, but I'm really sick and tired of it and would love a change of pace to mix things up in the football department. This upcoming year I am planning on buying Madden over NCAA as I am first and formost dynasty guy. Is it worth it to buy a used copy of Madden 11 to help the layoff until the next game comes out?
Could you guys help me out with
1. how much does it cost?
2. will it hold me off for 2 months?

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it worth it for Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I used to buy Madden and NCAA every year, but recently I have downgraded and have only bought one. I loved NCAA 11 this year, but I'm really sick and tired of it and would love a change of pace to mix things up in the football department. This upcoming year I am planning on buying Madden over NCAA as I am first and formost dynasty guy. Is it worth it to buy a used copy of Madden 11 to help the layoff until the next game comes out?

I'd say its worth it. I bought Madden 11 at release date, traded it in after the superbowl and recently picked it back up again. They released 5 patches so the gameplay is much more decent than on release date.

A used copy costs $30, but if you trade in a game at Gamestop before June 12, u get an added 50% on that trade in game value. So if u trade in NCAA and its worth $8 of trade in credit, that deal that they have now will bump up the trade in value to $12. So you can pick up a used copy of Madden for $18 flat.

And since your gonna be getting Madden 12, it would be smart to get familiar with the Madden gameplay again before it comes out.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 06-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

No, it's not worth it. If anything get Madden 10, it's cheaper and better than 11.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'd say its worth it. I bought Madden 11 at release date, traded it in after the superbowl and recently picked it back up again. They released 5 patches so the gameplay is much more decent than on release date.

A used copy costs $30, but if you trade in a game at Gamestop before June 12, u get an added 50% on that trade in game value. So if u trade in NCAA and its worth $8 of trade in credit, that deal that they have now will bump up the trade in value to $12. So you can pick up a used copy of Madden for $18 flat.

And since your gonna be getting Madden 12, it would be smart to get familiar with the Madden gameplay again before it comes out.
Thanks partner the last part about getting used to the gameplay is what i'm thinking to.... will see gamestop and determine what i can trade in or maybe go eBay. I will probably get it, your input was very helpful!

BTW Go Bobcats! lets go cats....
Old 06-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I would go with ebay. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago for $15 and free shipping as I sold mine shortley after I got it the first time. I am going to buy Madden 12 and thought that this would allow me to become familiar with the controls in the next couple of months. Now if I could just get away from playing GT5 to play Madden then I would be set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers

Yea you definitely wanna get the game(for as cheap as you can get it) and get fimiliar with the flow of things before 12 comes out. Find you a good slider set(Check mine in my signature) and get you a few seasons in..
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm curious about something...
I picked up Madden 11 last year and played a while and then left it.
Then just the other day I downloaded the demo and .... It was fun! Now I doubt they changed the demo so either I'm less critical in my thinking or I'm just nuts...

I may pick up Madden 11 again just to see what all the updates did.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 06-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm curious about something...
I picked up Madden 11 last year and played a while and then left it.
Then just the other day I downloaded the demo and .... It was fun! Now I doubt they changed the demo so either I'm less critical in my thinking or I'm just nuts...

I may pick up Madden 11 again just to see what all the updates did.
I think that you are being less critical because you didn't just wait all year long for a new, better Madden, pay $60, get home and have it not live up your your expectations.
Having just payed 15 to buy it again, I am enjoying the game more also, because I am being less critical because Madden 12 will be the savior of video game football...right?...I hope so..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »