Home

Top 9 players - Position and Attribute rankings

This is a discussion on Top 9 players - Position and Attribute rankings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Top 9 players - Position and Attribute rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Why is everyone talking about Rodgers and Manning? Brady SHOULD NOT be number 1 .. that my friends is a joke ..

But since we can't really see the stats for all we know they are all 99/98/97 which in my eyes there is no difference ..
Last year's MVP shouldn't be rated number 1 ? Are you joking ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

im sorry but rivers ahead of brees? that doesnt fly with me
Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16

Based on Donny's ratings:

Brady 99 ovr
Manning 98 ovr
Brees 97 ovr
Rodgers 96 ovr
Big Ben 94 ovr
Rivers 93 ovr
Vick 93 ovr
Ryan 92 ovr
Schaub 90 ovr

The problem I had was Flacco (around an 86 ovr) even listed and Rivers as high as he was.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I did they barely beat Philly in the playoffs- the Eagles basically handed the game to them at the end. NOT A STELLAR PERFORMANCE.....I won't even bring up the Bears game...Cutler gave that one away because hes a quitter. Rodgers did nothing in either of those games to give his team an advanatge.

Rodgers is a good QB and a top four but if you want to argue about injury's and no running game - Bree's had no running game and was injured most of the season .... I don't have a bias but I do believe top 3 should be Brady,Bree's, and Rodgers in any order. Philip Rivers and Manning are top five not top three.
Dude, your team lost to a 7-9 Seahawks team. You should just shut up now.

Rodgers threw for 180 yards and 3 TD's against the Eagles. The Packers also NEVER trailed during the game. They won a tough road game against a tough Eagles team, while your team lost to possible the worst playoff team of all time.

And the Chicago game? Please. The Packers were by far the better team and should have won by a lot more than they did, Cutler injury or not. They led 14-0 at the half and it should have been more. This before Cutler "wimped out" as you say. If not for a fluke Urlacher interception inside his team's 5 yard line with Green Bay about to go up 17 or 21-0 in the third, it would not have appeared close to begin with. He did not play his best game but still threw for 244 yards. I will give you that he did not play that well that game, but the other 3 in the playoffs? Played great.

Compare him to Peyton Manning, who was pathetic and I stress PATHETIC in the Colt's Super Bowl run a few years back.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Last year's MVP shouldn't be rated number 1 ? Are you joking ?
Nope ..

(10 char)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
I did they barely beat Philly in the playoffs- the Eagles basically handed the game to them at the end. NOT A STELLAR PERFORMANCE.....I won't even bring up the Bears game...Cutler gave that one away because hes a quitter. Rodgers did nothing in either of those games to give his team an advanatge.

Rodgers is a good QB and a top four but if you want to argue about injury's and no running game - Bree's had no running game and was injured most of the season .... I don't have a bias but I do believe top 3 should be Brady,Bree's, and Rodgers in any order. Philip Rivers and Manning are top five not top three.
Rodgers has had better games than the two you bring up, but really, 66% completion perc., 3 td's no picks on the road vs. the eagles isn't anything to complain about. Thats a qb rating of 122.5.

For the Bears to hold Rodgers to what they did says more about how good their defense was. Like I said earlier, Rodgers had 3 td's, 0 int in the other three playoff games, over 300 yds in the two games you don't mention.

The Saints had 1500 yds rushing, none by Brees. The Packers had 1250 yds that didn't come from Rodgers.

The numbers aren't supporting your argument, in either case.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I may be a little biased but Brady should be a 99 since he didnt throw a pick for like half a season. (granted he threw a couple of balls that should have been picked off). But I also think Manning should be up there. Besides Wayne he had no one consistent to throw to and losing Clark was big for them...Neither have a true running game and people play mostly nickel and dime against them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Dude, your team lost to a 7-9 Seahawks team. You should just shut up now.

Rodgers threw for 180 yards and 3 TD's against the Eagles. The Packers also NEVER trailed during the game. They won a tough road game against a tough Eagles team, while your team lost to possible the worst playoff team of all time.

And the Chicago game? Please. The Packers were by far the better team and should have won by a lot more than they did, Cutler injury or not. They led 14-0 at the half and it should have been more. This before Cutler "wimped out" as you say. If not for a fluke Urlacher interception inside his team's 5 yard line with Green Bay about to go up 17 or 21-0 in the third, it would not have appeared close to begin with. He did not play his best game but still threw for 244 yards. I will give you that he did not play that well that game, but the other 3 in the playoffs? Played great.

Compare him to Peyton Manning, who was pathetic and I stress PATHETIC in the Colt's Super Bowl run a few years back.
Sorry bro Bree's can't win games by himself and let's not blame Bree's for the lack of defense. The only game in the playoffs that Rodgers played above average was against the Falcons who were pretenders anyway. He looked sub-par in Chicago and against Philly who only lost because of an overthrow into the end-zone.

Here's another piece of advice don't hang around internet forums telling anyone to shut up...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »