Home

Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

This is a discussion on Why are people so sensitive and personally invested? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #153
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

Wow, quite a bit of back and forth in this thread. The irony is thick, given the original topic of this thread.

There's being passionate about Madden, and then there's enjoying Madden. As a gamer, I've come across quite a large sum of gamers who play to win. Enjoyment comes as an end to defeating someone else, not in the process itself. This translates to how they approach Madden itself and the developers. Their mentality automatically creates adversaries; a "you vs me" attitude.

As gamers, it's not us vs. the devs. It's us and the devs. But sometimes, people have a hard time understanding that the name on the other side is a person (developers included). When a bug in a game bites you over and over, this turns into frustration and anger. Suddenly, this bug is the result of a developer who "must be defeated."

In a discussion, there's a difference between disagreeing and bickering. Some people have a difficult time being told something that differs from their own POV.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #154
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, Madden sure is a hot button topic.

Like some others...I too became so disappointed with this gen of Madden, I gave up too. The games progress from '06'-'10' was so painfully slow, and along with my favorite mode [franchise] being all but ignored...I bailed out.

I must admit, I do carry a certain amount of resentment towards Tiburon for how they've handled this gen of football. And really can't help but be skeptical about anything that's said, or done with the game at this point.

I'm sure hoping Madden'12' will really show that Tiburon has made a solid effort to get Madden in the same conversation with some of the better sports games out there.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #155
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Wow, quite a bit of back and forth in this thread. The irony is thick, given the original topic of this thread.

There's being passionate about Madden, and then there's enjoying Madden. As a gamer, I've come across quite a large sum of gamers who play to win. Enjoyment comes as an end to defeating someone else, not in the process itself. This translates to how they approach Madden itself and the developers. Their mentality automatically creates adversaries; a "you vs me" attitude.

As gamers, it's not us vs. the devs. It's us and the devs. But sometimes, people have a hard time understanding that the name on the other side is a person (developers included). When a bug in a game bites you over and over, this turns into frustration and anger. Suddenly, this bug is the result of a developer who "must be defeated."

In a discussion, there's a difference between disagreeing and bickering. Some people have a difficult time being told something that differs from their own POV.
Man, this isnt some Ivy League Debate forum bro , but its really frustrating knowing that people have more control over the game than they are supposed too (disco glitch). Feature wise has been a complete let down from there glory days on the PS1 and PS2 given the fact that we are on far superior hardware than we were before but yet we dont have half the stuff that those last 2 gens had.

I said before, there's just no passion in this game like it used to be, that fresh every game new feel dies out pretty quickly and there is really nothing to strive for at the end of a season or franchise mode that gets you thrilled and pumped to go into next season and try it again.

I remember when we use to have seasonal player awards actually be awarded with a trophy next to there name along with having people vying for that top spot for the pro bowl selection and league MVP. I miss the fun I had importing my NCAA draft class over to madden and the draft boards I had set up to obtain the players I wanted on my team and developed them from there. I just dont feel that way anymore when this game be missing what its missing from year to year.

Looking forward to this year and hoping it has made that stride for last gen perfection.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »