Home

Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

This is a discussion on Why are people so sensitive and personally invested? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #57
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

I just got an okay from a moderator to post a link to the following video. It is about taking games "too serious."

WARNING: The video contains explicit language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiZpYUajMPI
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #58
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Neanderthals.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9

Hmmmmmm.....I can't speak for others obviously but it does seem some people are perfectionists. I have a hunch that people who get all worked up about the problems in Madden may gripe about other things in life as well. I'm late to Madden. Started with 07 on my daughter's gamecube. Loved it. Got O8 which seemed about the same as 07. Some better animations but minus the Tony Bruno show...

Started thinking about next gen when gamecube had no more maddens after 08. But the things I saw on youtube and reading the forums convinced me to keep playing old gen. I was not going to invest money in a new next gen game system until they fixed some things. Finally M10 looked good enough to entice me but I bought it in March, after the season. Had a learning curve on next gen but when I got M11 for Christmas I was good enought to start messing with sliders again and I've got really excellent gameplay now. I wish the franchise mode was better. I wish certain other things were better too. But I enjoy it enough to feel excited about M12.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #60
MVP

hey wait...I just figured it out!!!! Madden is like getting married. You find something that you really like. You enjoy it at first, the novelty the adventure etc. Then you start to the see the warts. Your partner/game isn't as good as you thought it was. You start to get pissed, bitter, annoyed. You start griping to your friends (or forum mates) about everything that is wrong. You stop caring about what is good or right, only focusing on the negative. At some point if you are bitter enough you separate. You always check to see if anything changed while you were gone. Then someday you either part ways for good or get back together.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #61
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Some people want full control, some would rather have less control for the sake of realism. And finding balance is always hard to do. Part of it is longevity. 20+ year franchise isn't perfect yet. Also the complexity of football itself and the mechanics to implement it. Baseball, football, etc have less going on. In baseball, using analog sticks to swing a bat is as realistic you can get without going into motion control. In football what is the best way to mimic throwing a ball while still being able to adjust speed, height, and direction. What is the best way to initiate a tackle exactly as you want it. Oh and also it has to be easy enough to pick up and play by casual gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 7

The original poster act like this game is free, this game is $60!!!! People are tired of shedding out $60 every year for a game that lacks features, and evolved little since 2001 game-play wise.
I guess when you buy a product, any product, you don't care if it works right or not, and you thinking Madden 11 was a good football game tells me you have bad judgement on what a good football game should be.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
The original poster act like this game is free, this game is $60!!!! People are tired of shedding out $60 every year for a game that lacks features, and evolved little since 2001 game-play wise.
I guess when you buy a product, any product, you don't care if it works right or not, and you thinking Madden 11 was a good football game tells me you have bad judgement on what a good football game should be.

I beg to differ sir....Madden 11 was a good game...not great but good. I play it every night and get much enjoyment out of it. It plays fairly well I get realistic stats and it's fun overall. Is it worth 60$ compared to FIFA and some others???? Debatable. But the poster of this thread was merely asking why every is so personal about it. Do you have a fit after wasting $13 dollars on a crap movie and paying $25 dollars for a popcorn and soda???? I'd bet not yet you and the rest of us do it all the time. Why is Madden so much more personal....like I said...I> think it's like marriage.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #64
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
You're acting as if you're being forced to buy the game. If you don't like the game, you have two choices: 1) constructively give feedback to the developers 2)don't buy the game. And your hyperbole does not offer a substantial backing as to the validity of M11 as a good football game or not. At this point, if you didn't like M11, it's time to stop looking into the franchise, because it's not going to be dramatically changed. Save your $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »