Home

Straight from the horse's mouth about commentary in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Straight from the horse's mouth about commentary in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Straight from the horse's mouth about commentary in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
While I think this is very well stated and I agreed with all of it, I think why some people are so "greedy" is because these are changes that shouldve been addressed in past Maddens. So while it may seem greedy, it has more to do with people feeling they need to get the stuff that shouldve been in there 4-5 years ago in ASAFP.

But, as Ive stated to the many like that...you cant change past years, and expecting them to get everything in in one year is ridiculous. Madden 12 will be awesome IMO...obviously it wont be anywhere near perfect, but with the improvements to franchise mode, the improvements to in game presentation ASIDE from commentary (stat banners, custom intros, etc...) and some obvious improvements to gameplay, it will definitely be one of the best Madden's ever, but not the one us Madden sim fans dream about.

Commentary and franchise presentation (pre-post game shows) should be very high on their lists for needed improvements next year.

And I will also quickly mention that I loved what Phil said in the E3 video about their goal is to have franchise mode unfold like a story. IMO, they are definitely on the right path. Lets just hope its not another Madden 10 to 11 stiuation where huge improvements are made one year to get everyones hopes up, only to make minimal upgrades the next year. Madden needs to be making major strides every year. If not, I wont be buying the game every year.
Yes, I understand that as well. At the same time, I like to look to the bright future than dwell in a dark past. I could be angry that there are no CPU/CPU trades or RFA in Franchise, but the mode is so much better I can't help but be excited. Same goes for presentation. It looks phenomenal, but at the end of the day there is only so much that can be added...Especially since M10 was the base for this version of Madden, not 06-09. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Think of Madden 12 as what Madden 08 should have been. The series is still just a baby on next-gen because the PS2 Dev Team from the "Golden Age" of Madden came onto the next-gen scene for Madden 10. They finally have what MLB The Show and NBA2K had on PS2 (don't bring up how they should have just ported it from the start, we know), and that is a sound foundation to build upon in future editions. We all wish things happened differently, but I choose to make the best of what has happened and hope that EA can swing for the fences like this every year.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Phil said that commentary was improved this year. That should be good enough considering all of the other major things they did that likely took a lot of time to implement.

\.
not calling him out or anything but he also said NCAA draft classes would be improved last year...they werent

from what i've witnessed over the years, if it isnt a "back of the box" or core gameplay feature it gets little attention
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #35
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
not calling him out or anything but he also said NCAA draft classes would be improved last year...they werent

from what i've witnessed over the years, if it isnt a "back of the box" or core gameplay feature it gets little attention
I don't think Phil Fraizer said anything about NCAA draft classes last year. He is the head Madden guy.

I don't think he would come out and actually admit commentary not being good this year if they weren't serious about fixing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I don't think Phil Fraizer said anything about NCAA draft classes last year. He is the head Madden guy.

I don't think he would come out and actually admit commentary not being good this year if they weren't serious about fixing it.
he most certainly did

it was in the blog about franchise not receiving a major upgrade for '11
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
he most certainly did

it was in the blog about franchise not receiving a major upgrade for '11
He said "tuning", not "fixed".
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
He said "tuning", not "fixed".

"tuning" is closer to "improved" than it is to "fixed"...wouldnt you agree?

i stated "improved" not "fixed"

and if it was tuned, i didnt see it..at all..and i'm an import nut
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
"tuning" is closer to "improved" than it is to "fixed"...wouldnt you agree?

i stated "improved" not "fixed"

and if it was tuned, i didnt see it..at all..and i'm an import nut
Yes you're right. While we're at it, could you tell me how the accuracy of the import classes pertains to commentary in Madden 12?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Yes you're right. While we're at it, could you tell me how the accuracy of the import classes pertains to commentary in Madden 12?
all i'm saying is that if it's not a "back of the box" or core gameplay feature it usually gets little attention..

commentary this year falls in neither of these categories, much like draft classes last year

not trying to argue just speculating about the actual improvement in the commentary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »