Home

One standing issue that still annoys me

This is a discussion on One standing issue that still annoys me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
One standing issue that still annoys me

Is that silly animation where the defender SHOULDER BLOCKS a player to the ground. It's just downright stupid looking. Watching the Steelers vs Browns gameplay video, not only did Gus Johnson say "McCoy! Takes a pitch!" but then that animation happens where Hillis gets smacked to the ground 1-on-1 by a Steeler defender.

I'm not even a Hillis fan, but NEVER EVER EVER does this animation happen in real life to Peyton Hillis 1-on-1. It's 80% of the time the opposite way. This animation has been in Madden since the PS2. So this lie about changing the engine is a joke. The gameplay looked identical to what I've seen for years. Now the fact they beefed up a ton, like the Superstar and Dynasty makes it a bit more interesting to maybe take a look this year (highly unsure yet) but I don't appreciate the false advertising every year from them.

If the gaming engine or tackling engine changed, THIS garbage should not be seen again. But it's still there, as is the suction tackling I saw a few times with Hillis running up the gut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: One standing issue that still annoys me

They didn't change the engine, I don't think we can get a new engine until we get new (MS & Sony) consoles. What they did do was tune and work on the animations.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I saw Hillis get flapjacked like that when he was with the Broncos.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I've seen hits like that happen in real NFL games
Old 06-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I've seen hits like that happen in real NFL games
I have too, about once every 10 games, not 10 times every game, as it appears will be the case in this years game. The issue isn't that it exists in the game, the issue is it appears it's going to happen way too frequently.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
They didn't change the engine, I don't think we can get a new engine until we get new (MS & Sony) consoles. What they did do was tune and work on the animations.
I believe he's talking about when EA stated they built the engine from the ground up for PS3 and 360 (The then "next gen"), which was total BS.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have too, about once every 10 games, not 10 times every game, as it appears will be the case in this years game. The issue isn't that it exists in the game, the issue is it appears it's going to happen way too frequently.

When I saw that I thought to myself the same thing about that should be a once a season or 2-3 times a season kind of hit and definitely wouldn't happen that way to a huge power back like Hillis.

Once again it appears that weight and momentum don't factor into the tackling physics.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I believe he's talking about when EA stated they built the engine from the ground up for PS3 and 360 (The then "next gen"), which was total BS.
You may not like this current engine, many do not, but I think it's pretty apparent to anyone who played much of the PS2/Xbox Madden/NCAA games that the current engine was definitely not built off of that base. It plays completely different. Go back and play the PS2 games and look at how it plays nothing like the current engine.

For example, how about foot planting? That was in PS2 engine and has never been in this engine. Sorry but I don't really care much for this engine now either, at least not for Madden (NCAA seems better IMO) but I also don't believe that it's the same one as we had on the PS2/Xbox. Perhaps if it was we'd have a much better football game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »