Home

Challenge system and penalties...

This is a discussion on Challenge system and penalties... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Challenge system and penalties...

The videos that are floating around are quite nice...but has there been any mention anywhere of frequency of penalties...or better yet are more penalties being called? ala dpi,offsides or false start...and not just holding.

I would also like to see if the challenge system has been upgraded,I would hope that with all the other upgrades,this wasn't ignored again.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Challenge system and penalties...

At least penalties had sliders....I can adjust and get FAIRLY realistic results.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
At least penalties had sliders....I can adjust and get FAIRLY realistic results.
Sure they had sliders,but they didn't work properly. Jacked up to 100,how many dpi calls were made?....opi was non-existent,the only penalties that were called frequently were holding,facemask and the occasional clip.

As far as the ones that are called more (dpi,offsides and false start) it seems the frequency of those were toned down so much that slider adjustment didn't help.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Sure they had sliders,but they didn't work properly. Jacked up to 100,how many dpi calls were made?....opi was non-existent,the only penalties that were called frequently were holding,facemask and the occasional clip.

As far as the ones that are called more (dpi,offsides and false start) it seems the frequency of those were toned down so much that slider adjustment didn't help.

i hear you but I do get dpi's.....maybe not quite as often as real life but I get some...maybe 1 every 2-3 games....how often do they occur in real life. That's the kind of thing I want to find out. I've also gotten interference on me of a fair catch, illegal procedure on a KO, I've even gotten an unnecessary roughness a few times. But you're right...the problem is that they are not called in a realistic proportion.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Here is the challenge system it looks better from a presentation standpoint but the overall performance seems to still lack

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Thanks for that Gro,I agree...the presentation does look better,hopefully the cpu will challenge calls as well.
Quote:
Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Still hate that warp to huddle lol. A lot of the presentation is looking great, I really like the qb's trotting onto the field, but I still hate when a play is over and you hit X/A and all of a sudden your players are warped into a huddle lol.

Wish they would add some filler commentary to the challenges too. How often do you see a challenge and the commentators are dead quiet? Happens all the time in Madden. They could at least give their opinions on whether they think it was a catch, if theres no evidence, yadda yadda, maybe they could add some injury updates and game stats too.

How often do we see a review in a game on TV and it takes 1 angle and 10 seconds to see what happened, but the official spends a few extra minutes (correcting game time and ball spot), but the commentators go on talking about the game and don't just sit there silently twiddling their thumbs. I don't need the challenge to last 7 minutes but it would be nice if we could get a game recap or some interesting info during this and not just watch the same crappy angles over and over.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for the video King Gro.

What I would love to see is them take a page, again, out of 2K's book. If you go to challenge a play, because there are times whenever I've challenged a play and it isn't what I wanted to challenge. They should give us the option of WHAT we want to challenge.

Say on one play there's an interception on the sidelines, a fumble and you think you may have gotten more yards. They gave you the option of..

Catch in-bounds
Fumble
Spot of Ball

..or something similar to that. So that either team was now able to challenge any aspect of that one particular play.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »