Home

Dropped pass animations

This is a discussion on Dropped pass animations within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dropped pass animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I made a thread just like this. Where the receiver will drop a pass but a completed pass animation will play with an invisible ball.
how was the response?

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
Does anybody think that madden should have animations for dropped passes rather than making it look like players are being hit with a paper ball?

I'm mostly referring to these madden 12 videos im seeing where defenders are constantly dropping interceptions (hate that madden does that btw, but whatever). If it has to happen as often as it does, maybe there should be animations where the defender almost catches it but doesn't quite hold onto it? Just a thought.
I agree 100% on both of your statements. Especially the one about dropped interceptions.

If real NFL QB's threw to defenders as much as we do in Madden, then yes we would see a ton of interceptions on NFL Sunday.

This whole notion that defenders cant catch is BS. We should pay for being irresponsible with the ball, and in time we would be much more responsible with the ball.

Just dont make it where the defenders are super jumping to pick the ball, but if we throw it right at them. They should hold on to it a high percentage of the time.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I agree 100% on both of your statements. Especially the one about dropped interceptions.

If real NFL QB's threw to defenders as much as we do in Madden, then yes we would see a ton of interceptions on NFL Sunday.

This whole notion that defenders cant catch is BS. We should pay for being irresponsible with the ball, and in time we would be much more responsible with the ball.

Just dont make it where the defenders are super jumping to pick the ball, but if we throw it right at them. They should hold on to it a high percentage of the time.
Exactly. A little discipline can go a long way. As a player, if I insist on trying to throw the deep ball on Nnamdi Asomugha 10-15 times a game, I deserve whatever comes to me.

With that being said, CPU QB's should shy away from throwing to defenders who are likely to get in the way of the pass. There's no need for madden to come up with their own interpretation of what happens in the NFL, just do what you see!

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Great points, and I agree. I just wish they'd get some more intuitive WR AI so that, at the least, my smarter WRs are going to battle. If my #1 WR is in straight-up man to man, I would hope I can toss it up for the guy and, if nothing else, he's going to make sure it isn't picked (basically what Fitzpatrick was doing with T.O. in that video). T.O. was smart enough to at least avoid the pick. Not saying that's how I personally want to play, but ya know.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Great points, and I agree. I just wish they'd get some more intuitive WR AI so that, at the least, my smarter WRs are going to battle. If my #1 WR is in straight-up man to man, I would hope I can toss it up for the guy and, if nothing else, he's going to make sure it isn't picked (basically what Fitzpatrick was doing with T.O. in that video). T.O. was smart enough to at least avoid the pick. Not saying that's how I personally want to play, but ya know.
I feel you completely. Madden has something that I think is supposed to represent what happens in the video, but it doesn't do a very good job. It looks more like a glitch than anything else.

Sincerely,
Goodygoody

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »