Home

If Madden 12 was on the PC

This is a discussion on If Madden 12 was on the PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: If Madden 12 was on the PC

You need a 6 screen 3D setup for PC gaming to be worth it. Might as well get a large LED 3d TV and a console.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #34
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

well i see it as this if they want to compete with steam because steam to me is by far the best download pc game site out there. great support and you can re download games as many times people always have pc issues and you need to reformat from time to time being able to reinstall games without having to jump threw hoops is a great selling point.

but anyways back to my point if you want your name known for a new digital download site why not kick it off with a madden pc release it will get many people just because of madden and if i am correct pc gamers in europe will finally get to play madden online i do not think they can do this right now.

as for the game being on pc it will look sweet if you have a high end graphics card and porting it over from a 360 code is not hard to do. now if they code it so that you can mod it imagine all the custom uniforms corrections and the logo corrections for example my detroit lions logo is wrong in madden 12 the color is royal blue and they have it a lighter color been telling them for 3 years now to fix it
here is the color it is supposed to be but because they are not the patriots or cowboys they never get there stuff right threw madden art director
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E35zInusxLk

but if there is a pc version it can be changed to the right color as well as ea sports does a poor job of cyber faces another example i seen a E3 video of madden 12 using the lions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOHtYz18Q8Q

and ndamukong suh face is generic imagine that he was only the rookie of the year and all pro but yet you see the browns qb have a cyber face colt mcoy a nobody if you ask me. just because you see the qbs faces more in the game they prioritize them. being able to mod them aka nba 2k11 would to me make the game a must for pc .

another thing is this a roster editor would make it possible to make a classic roster from legends having all your fav past super bowl teams there is just alot more thing great on pc version over console.

the online leagues are detailed with there own web sites to look at your teams as well as a the people who play online pc football are not cheesers like they are on console, ill tell you a story yesterday i took my madden out and decided to play online my 2nd time ever for that game i get into a quick match this guy i am playing is the cowboys he runs the same play over and over a sweep and tries to get felix jones around the corner he had 250 yards running the same play over and over.

and he never punted when i stoped him and if he scored every time it was a onside kick after the fact then at the end of the 3rd qtr he threw a int i was up 45 to 35 so i get the ball and he disconects just before the qtr ends so he wont take a loss i told myself what a pathetic person and then i knew there was a reason to never play online with console

that does not happen on pc because we as a league would kick a fool like that to the curb you got to admit there are a ton of idiots who play online threw ea servers i have had more fun playing online in pc version than i have ever had with console online.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #35
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
You need a 6 screen 3D setup for PC gaming to be worth it. Might as well get a large LED 3d TV and a console.
6 screen? I've heard of 3 (for common gaming). 6 for flight sims maybe.

Being "worth it" isn't really a factor for PC gamers. PC gaming goes hand in hand with system building, overclocking, etc etc. It's a hobby beyond the game itself in many respects, and to many degrees - I used to be at the cutting edge but now get by with more value driven setups. Kind of like I touched on before, if you're a power PC user (development, encoding, simulations, design, proof of concepts, or just really enjoy top performance typing stuff on the net) then it isn't difficult nor expensive to get your already above average spec'd system gaming capable. These are what typical PC gamers are - people who, if you stripped away PC gaming entirely, would probably still have a powerful system. PC gaming isn't really there to justify its value to people who otherwise still only need pentium 3's, because people who are capabl of seeing the "worth" in PC gaming probably aren't those type of people.

Last edited by Nza; 06-11-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #36
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

BTW here is the official release:

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail...leaseID=582630

And here is the quote about Madden that cnet obviously misinterpreted:

Quote:
In addition, exclusive game content and trailers for upcoming EA titles will also be available on Origin, including Mass Effect™ 3, FIFA 12, SSX™, Madden NFL 12, Need for Speed™ The Run, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Sims™ 3 and Battlefield 3
SSX is also not a PC release BTW.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

If Madden was on pc and looked half as good as the consoles,and not a last gen port-over, I would definitely buy it.

Because of mod capability, I'd never have to buy another Madden again. Heck, I still play Nascar Season 2003, but because of the mods, it's Nascar Season 2011 right now.New paints, tracks, signage, etc even the Fox "Hollywood Hotel" are all present!

Football Freaks kept M08 fresh, and everything was moddable, right down to the opening music (Like the MNF theme!!) and new stadiums/uniforms.

Imagine the possibilities------"Hey, the color of the ________ uniforms are off." No problem, download this mod that fixes it. "Hey, the ________stadium is missing the special seating section." There is a mod available for this. And so on.....

Just take a look at MLB 2k11 PC. Check out the stadium mods, and that'll give a taste of what could be done.....

*Sigh* oh well.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I believe it would be enough as well.

What are you basing the 300k to 500k on?
Conversations I had with someone at Tiburon YEARS ago....circa 2005-06.

The reason EA pulled all their sports game from the PC is because of Peter Moore's failed believe theft was too for those games. Peter Moore just doesn't like the open system of the PC. This new download service gives them a closed system.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

"My remote session is really slow!!!"

Sorry guys I was playing madden 12. Won the game 17-7
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl126
It just doesn't make sense to not have madden on the PC platform. PC gaming is on the rise, and the consoles are at the end of their life cycle. Plus EA just came out with Origin. I don't see how EA can expect origin to succeed if they don't release their best games.
No need to bump every old PC thread, especially when you started two new ones on the same topic.

Thanks, sorry mods was tired to see a half dozen threads on PC on the front page, already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »