Home

How about letter ratings?

This is a discussion on How about letter ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How about letter ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
sigh, pats fan.

here goes, what i am saying is that the team can reflect on a player's ability. If Tom Brady's offense is based off of short passing and that is taken away. how else can he be affective? He cant run, he's straight up pocket QB. Im not saying to lower his arm or anything, this is why the letters are perfect. Also with 99 you can call that perfect so its no arguement there. With an A+ which in my system no one would really have, it'll be fair.
So you're saying a players OVR will change based on the system they are in.... interesting.

Would be great to trade for players that are lower OVR but you think may fit your system better and in return they get a boost.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

For the record, NBA2k11 has number rating too, just only can see them if you go to rotation.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
So you're saying a players OVR will change based on the system they are in.... interesting.

Would be great to trade for players that are lower OVR but you think may fit your system better and in return they get a boost.

This was in Head Coach and was great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

you can say that as well. Im trying to base it off the success of each scenario if you get what I mean. Saying like, where is that 99 overall when he is pressured? you know? I'd say Big Ben deserves that in a way because he does it all in any situation. He can be errant at times though.

BTW, I think in terms of franchise mode for the majority of my ideas.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, plus a vet qb would be able to see that the db's are lined up to jam the receivers and audible out of any quick pass play.

Yeah, I'm all for getting rid of the numbers! Heck, this year in Madden my first franchise (cupcake team to get used to the mode) I'm going to basically prevent myself from looking at ratings when building the team and playing. Hopefully with the new player roles and features I'll be able to weigh roles and past season stats/core attributes (40 time etc.) and build a team without having to discriminate due to the ratings. I just hate looking at ratings and seeing that player A is no doubt better then player B.

And don't let me get into contracts with players lol, I hate how guys in the 80's with 0 playing time cost more then others in the 70's with years of experience... make free agency lame because you have to go after ratings and not actual experience when paying top dollar.
lol true say.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Banned

drop some commentss.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Its time. Like others said the numbering system is too exact. The only numbers should be actual measurables height, weight, 40 time etc. Changing the rating system coupled with DDP would really make rating players more forgiving for the devs and add more realism in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Its time. Like others said the numbering system is too exact. The only numbers should be actual measurables height, weight, 40 time etc. Changing the rating system coupled with DDP would really make rating players more forgiving for the devs and add more realism in my opinion.
There would sill be numbers behind the letter grades. It would be limiting the consumers ability to see the real ratings by giving them a more watered down version of what is really happening behind the scenes. Plus, with a A+,A,A- system you know what the guy is rated within 3 points anyway. I don't see any advantage to using numbers vs. letters. Besides, a guy with agility of 93 isn't so different from a 92 that you can see the difference.

Not to mention something like 40 times aren't in the game as exact anyway. Speed is adjusted to get a player to replicate their actual performance on the field. And weight isn't used in the system at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »