Home

So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen....

This is a discussion on So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen....

I can't wait for Madden either. Figures this is the year they push it back to August 30th. I will still buy NCAA and it will get a bunch if use until the Madden demo arrives. Its funny how ahead ago it was all about how great NCAA looked while Madden looks stale and this year its the opposite.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I cancelled my NCAA pre-order because of everything I've read and watched about Madden so far. I don't want to put money into a game I'll only play till August 30th lol
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

I skipped Madden last year and thoroughly enjoyed NCAA. This year based on what I have seen, NCAA will be skipped this year. Madden is finally doing something NBA 2K has been doing for awhile, making the players actually look like themselves on the field. McCluster looks like a midget with a huge helmet on in the game, just like real life. And the bigger players finally don't have stick arms, graphically this looks like a next gen game at last. haven't been this excited for a madden since the first 360 version, hopefully we have a different result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

1. Gameplay is first and foremost for me. The offensive line interactions have been the main thing from me buying madden since '09. The defensive ends don't get up the field. The defensive tackles after knocking down an offensive lineman turns and is more interested in interacting with another blocker than getting after the qb.

The players run in an unrealistic way. They don't plant their feet. When they change directions they just pivot like on a lazy susan and are magically running in a different direction. There isn't any connection between their feet and the ground.

2. I need a deep emersive franchise mode. We finally got that. There is still room for improvement but I am very happy with it finally. It may be so good I may be able to forget about the above.

3. Camera angles a and presentation is awesome. There have been some seens I really didn't know if it was real or the game at first. As far as pregame introductions and coin flip, I don't care. After the first one I will button through them anyway. I do think the coin flip is better than pregame introductions. Replays are irrelevant unless you use gameflow since you won't be able to see them.

4. Online play. This has to be last because it is so shallow with little advancement through the years. We won't find out whats new until July, but I do hope there are major improvements to online franchise.

All in all, it is good enough for me to buy. I just hope I don't get bored with the gameplay. If I do, I will give coach mode a try and enjoy franchise.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
1. Gameplay is first and foremost for me. The offensive line interactions have been the main thing from me buying madden since '09. The defensive ends don't get up the field. The defensive tackles after knocking down an offensive lineman turns and is more interested in interacting with another blocker than getting after the qb.

The players run in an unrealistic way. They don't plant their feet. When they change directions they just pivot like on a lazy susan and are magically running in a different direction. There isn't any connection between their feet and the ground.

2. I need a deep emersive franchise mode. We finally got that. There is still room for improvement but I am very happy with it finally. It may be so good I may be able to forget about the above.

3. Camera angles a and presentation is awesome. There have been some seens I really didn't know if it was real or the game at first. As far as pregame introductions and coin flip, I don't care. After the first one I will button through them anyway. I do think the coin flip is better than pregame introductions. Replays are irrelevant unless you use gameflow since you won't be able to see them.

4. Online play. This has to be last because it is so shallow with little advancement through the years. We won't find out whats new until July, but I do hope there are major improvements to online franchise.

All in all, it is good enough for me to buy. I just hope I don't get bored with the gameplay. If I do, I will give coach mode a try and enjoy franchise.

To contradict point #1 about the way players run, this looks pretty good to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYxNtLFtxG0
Old 06-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Your entitled to your opinion, but one thing that seems to get mentioned time and time again by people who have played the game is that it just FEELS better. Which is obviously something we're not really going to be able to sense from the videos.
Yeah I don't get it either, every one that played it said it is better and yet some say it is still the same game and they didn't even play it. They are saying this from watching a video of the game that is on pro level. Oh well. Just getting rid of the suction tackling makes it so much better in my opinion. Just remember this built was in alpha stage. It will be even better and I will tell you why, because Madden listen to their critics and really got down and did some serious work!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 47

I think the animation and the way the players run look awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

Looking at that video, the running still looks the same to me. There's not redistribution of weight or feel of impact when the foot hits the ground.

That being said, the way player run is such a minor issue to me that I don't really care. It's good enough for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »