Home

Who is Clutch?

This is a discussion on Who is Clutch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who is Clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Clutch = Good
To add onto this, I think it's kind of silly that EA made a clutch rating but didn't make a choke rating. I really hope they add this in or some variation of it in M13.

Can't have good without bad and you can't have yin without yang people.

RIP J.J.

Last edited by HeavyHitter55; 06-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
To add onto this, I think it's kind of silly that EA made a clutch rating but didn't make a choke rating. I really hope they add this in or some variation of it in M13.

Can't have good without bad and you can't have yin without yang people.
I like the idea but I couldn't imagine EA would put that in the game.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Brady
Roethlisberger (not a fan either)
P. Manning
E. Manning
Ray Lewis
Adam Vinatieri
Larry fitzgerald
Rodgers
Polamalu
Clay Matthews
Holmes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Clutch is a weird term in sports because it can fluctuate so easily. I am a Patriots and Brady fan but look at his last few postseason games. Not too clutch. Roethlisberger didn't look too clutch in the Super Bowl. Brees against the seahawks is another example. Then look at the other way sanchez and hasselbeck looked clutch in the early rounds than not so much in later ones. Another nonfootball example would be lebron. He was the definition of clutch vs the celtics sand bulls and now he's unclutch.

So what I am trying to say clutch shouldn't be automatic or stay with the same people the whole season. It should fluctuate.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Making plays=clutch. Interesting

There is only one place in this thread where "making plays" is used and you seem to take that phrase from its original context and change it. And I really don't get the point you are trying to make. Please elaborate.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #14
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
There is only one place in this thread where "making plays" is used and you seem to take that phrase from its original context and change it. And I really don't get the point you are trying to make. Please elaborate.
He is probly saying that clutch doesn't really exhist. Good players make plays. For every "clutch" game we remember, there is a game where he isn't clutch. So the clutch rating makes someone clutch every time? Kinda silly.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Clutch is a weird term in sports because it can fluctuate so easily. I am a Patriots and Brady fan but look at his last few postseason games. Not too clutch. Roethlisberger didn't look too clutch in the Super Bowl. Brees against the seahawks is another example. Then look at the other way sanchez and hasselbeck looked clutch in the early rounds than not so much in later ones. Another nonfootball example would be lebron. He was the definition of clutch vs the celtics sand bulls and now he's unclutch.

So what I am trying to say clutch shouldn't be automatic or stay with the same people the whole season. It should fluctuate.
You are mentioning all playoff games, which would go under the role "playoff performer."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
You are mentioning all playoff games, which would go under the role "playoff performer."
Playoffs are the time when the "clutch" players step up. They are tough to separate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »