Home

Lingering Flaws in Madden's Passing Game

This is a discussion on Lingering Flaws in Madden's Passing Game within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Lingering Flaws in Madden's Passing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
I hate that the drops dont sync with the routes...its fundamentally wrong.

Also that you can make blind passes...you can pass it to a reciever at any time and they will make a play on the ball. This is of course needed because...(drumroll please).. The drops dont sync with the routes.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. As much as I love the changes to franchise mode, I did more cringing than anything when watching those madden 12 vids.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

the super human LB's that can cover a ball 10yds ahead of them and lack of proper trajectory on semi-lobs is most of the probs and the reason 2k had better QB play IMO.

as far as throwing a ball with touch to the TE's shoulder with a defender on him or throw it low...u can def do that. i use precision passing on EVERY pass i throw. u should hit up the practice and try it. u can throw a ball so low that u can throw it at ur receivers feet if u want. this has been in since like '04 or '06 i think...cant remember when it started but it was last gen and is still in these games.

but the major flaw with precision passing is on the deep/intermediate throws when u wanna throw it over the LB...that crap trajectory and lb jumping ablility kills that for the most part. the only way its possible is to have a QB with a very strong arm who can throw it ~10yds in front of the wr/db and have ur guy burn him at full speed and run under it. when running full speed the db's dont seem to be able ot super jump as much. ncaa 11 has been the best to date for this. but if u got a stationary or slow strafing lb roaming...theyre gonna super jump every route he can sniff at and the deep/intermediate ball is outta the question with a weak arm cuz they will always throw it right to the receiver and the trailing db can swat it.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
the only way its possible is to have a QB with a very strong arm who can throw it ~10yds in front of the wr/db and have ur guy burn him at full speed and run under it. when running full speed the db's dont seem to be able ot super jump as much.
Exactly. And having to rely on/do that over and over to push the ball downfield becomes lame fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »